Bracketology 2024

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
the fans mad about the potential of Iowa state getting no. 1 seed the most I’ve seen are from Kansas and Texas.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I'm willing to concede the weak NCSOS, because it is what it is. ISU also had almost no trouble crushing nearly every team other than the neutral tournament. I don't intend to overvalue point-spread, either ... it's mainly that we weren't in serious danger of losing ANY of those games.

Again, as I stated in a separate post, if we're a 2 based on resume overall, so be it.

Reactions: NoCreativity

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
The non-conference stuff is blown out of proportion. Sometimes you think you schedule well and then once the season actually plays out some teams aren't good.

Take Oklahoma for example, in November it looks like they had scheduled extremely difficult. Iowa and Providence have come off multiple NCAA tournaments in row. Arkansas was projected to compete with Tennessee for the SEC title, and USC was suppose to be a contender in the Pac-12.

All of those teams ended up being pretty bad except for North Carolina.

Yep. When you consider that most teams are going to schedule like 5 real noncon games, we had 4 P6 games in our mix of those- TAMU, Va Tech, Iowa, and the big east challenge. We just had the bad luck that they all performed less than expectation and the conference assigned us a terrible big east game. That had nothing to do with 'choosing' to schedule poorly, as Kellogg asserted

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
Clark Kellogg should be forced to acknowledge that the #1 overall seed he agrees with has a Non-con SOS of 285
I haven’t really heard anyone talking about this, but seeing it earlier made me 100% of the opinion we deserve the 1. Media types like Clark may not know it (because no other media person has pointed it out), but the committee will most certainly be aware.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
I think the 1 seed talk is great, but I almost feel better being the 2 in the midwest, but this is crazy the way this has all played out.

playing well and we got a lot of help this week.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
This is why it would be big for Iowa State to nab a No. 1 seed: The Big 12 would have two No 1 seeds. That’s what the SEC And ACC fear the most. And if you look at this year’s top 8 teams: five are from the (new) Big 12 and Big East. We are doing to the NCAA basketball what the SEC and Big 10 want to do for football.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Overall strength of SOS, includes non con and conference. It's why I have no idea what TJ should do going forward, we ended up 16-36 overall SOS depending on where you look. They seriously want ISU to schedule super tough in the non con and be in the top 3 SOS every year? I get that 325 is too high for non con but is 100-200 good enough? Those are the questions I want to know going forward
Clemson needs to STFU unless they are willing to schedule a home and home.

• Agree
Reactions: Acer88

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Yep. When you consider that most teams are going to schedule like 5 real noncon games, we had 4 P6 games in our mix of those- TAMU, Va Tech, Iowa, and the big east challenge. We just had the bad luck that they all performed less than expectation and the conference assigned us a terrible big east game. That had nothing to do with 'choosing' to schedule poorly, as Kellogg asserted
Exactly, then remember last year when in November we played 2 blue bloods in UNC and Villanova, then by the end of year they didn't even make the tournament.

These idiots like Kellogg think we have alot more control over the non- conference teams than we actually do. Plus, with the Thanksgiving tournaments its a crapshoot who you actually get to play. I think the last time we played in Maui Illinois and San Diego State ended up being pretty bad that year.

• Agree
Reactions: alarson

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Honestly he is so analytical it confuses me lol, it would be an outlier to other ncsos ratings if it were that low as a true rating.
It's a huge analytical operation over there. Could it be a mistake? Misplace a decimal point here or there...

Help Support Us

Become a patron