Bowlsby doesn't know names of ISU and Baylor's football coaches

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
Reported on 810 WHB out of KC, called ISU coach Matt Rhoads and not sure what he called Baylor's coach, but it was incorrect. A little embarrassing at best.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Reported on 810 WHB out of KC, called ISU coach Matt Rhoads and not sure what he called Baylor's coach, but it was incorrect. A little embarrassing at best.

No, not really. People make verbal mistakes daily.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I'm absolutely terrible with names and remembering faces. It's just not some people's gift in life. Not that big a deal but it is impressive the people that can remember people they have met just once.

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
No, not really. People make verbal mistakes daily.

Uh no, anybody announcing or introducing a person should not get his/her name completely wrong. It's one thing to mispronounced a little.

He should have the name written down and practiced it at least once.

Typical Hawk to screw that up.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Uh no, anybody announcing or introducing a person should not get his/her name completely wrong. It's one thing to mispronounced a little.

He should have the name written down and practiced it at least once.

Typical Hawk to screw that up.

Uh, yes. Anyone who has never misspoke in front of a crowd has never actually spoken in front of a crowd.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
If you are at football media day and you can't get the 10 football coaches names correct you have issues.

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
Uh, yes. Anyone who has never misspoke in front of a crowd has never actually spoken in front of a crowd.

Well I guess I have not fallen into the anyone category even though I regularly speak in front of crowds.

I'm guessing you have screwed up some people's names. It's not the same as saying something else incorrectly.

You don't make that mistake when you are told ahead of time whom you will be introducing. I never have and I speak in front of groups all the time.

It's very simple to verify names ahead of time. No excuse for it.

CYphyllis

Jun 22, 2010
Well I guess I have not fallen into the anyone category even though I regularly speak in front of crowds.

I'm guessing you have screwed up some people's names. It's not the same as saying something else incorrectly.

You don't make that mistake when you are told ahead of time whom you will be introducing. I never have and I speak in front of groups all the time.

It's very simple to verify names ahead of time. No excuse for it.

I don't believe a single thing you just typed.

Whatever, you people get worked up over every little thing so there is no reason in even attempting to bring basic logic to a conversation.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
To be fair, Fred Hoiberg is pretty awesome at stuff and he messed up the name of a player his team just signed. And he only had one guy's name to get right. It happens.

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
fwcGzF1l2cILe.gif

D UP Clones

Oct 25, 2006
I don't believe a single thing you just typed.

Whatever, you people get worked up over every little thing so there is no reason in even attempting to bring basic logic to a conversation.

Logic? LOL I'll remember that the next time I am verifying names before I speak. Logically I shouldn't do this because it's normal to screw up easy things.

Nope.