BOWL TICKETS SOLD

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Same here. Its great to buy them through the AD but these bowls aren't stupid - they have access to other data to show who is buying tix. If I buy them through the bowl itself, they'll see they are associated with an Iowa address and put 2 and 2 together.
They'll figure it out when they see the majority of the crowd is wearing cardinal and gold.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
Not a real ticket question, but do people tend to move towards the middle after the game starts in bowl games? I bought the university package with tickets to support the school's efforts, but the seats will probably suck.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
From the Ticket office:

Thank you for purchasing 2018 Valero Alamo Bowl tickets. With your support we were able to sell our initial 12,000 ticket allotment. With that said we secured additional tickets from the Valero Alamo Bowl and are happy to inform you that we will be able to accommodate your ticket request.

Please see important information regarding your Alamo Bowl tickets.

• We are able to accommodate your ticket request but please note that your tickets may be placed in the next available price range, based on availability.
  • Everyone regardless of age requires a ticket for admission
  • Cards will be charged on or before December 12
We show that you have selected to have your tickets sent via UPS. Your tickets will be delivered no later than December 21. Your tickets will be sent to the address listed below. If you need to change your delivery method, or shipping address please contact the ISU Athletics Ticket Office at 888-478-2925.

"

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
What I hate is that the bowls give the Universities the worst seats in the stadium to sell. All of ISU's allotment was the end zone. I purchased them through ISU again but I don't think I will going forward. I want the best seat for my money and I could have bought much better tickets for the same or a bit cheaper on Sunday.

The last bowl game I went to I decided late and all the ISU tix were sold so I bought mine thru a Travel Agency and was sitting high up in the end zone. They werent great seats but at least I got to see the Bowl Game...

Go Cyclones beat the Cougars

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
From the Ticket office:

Thank you for purchasing 2018 Valero Alamo Bowl tickets. With your support we were able to sell our initial 12,000 ticket allotment. With that said we secured additional tickets from the Valero Alamo Bowl and are happy to inform you that we will be able to accommodate your ticket request.

Please see important information regarding your Alamo Bowl tickets.

• We are able to accommodate your ticket request but please note that your tickets may be placed in the next available price range, based on availability.
  • Everyone regardless of age requires a ticket for admission
  • Cards will be charged on or before December 12
We show that you have selected to have your tickets sent via UPS. Your tickets will be delivered no later than December 21. Your tickets will be sent to the address listed below. If you need to change your delivery method, or shipping address please contact the ISU Athletics Ticket Office at 888-478-2925.

"
Just posted mine in the other forum. Only difference was that mine said mobile delivery. I bought the $80 tickets for reference.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
For everyone ******** about getting crappy seats through the ISU ticket office for the game, all I can say is you are doing it wrong.
Tickets through the ticket office means you will be surrounded by over 10,000 fellow Cyclone fans doing the bowl game the right way.

If you are worried about seeing a football game, set your DVR before you leave for the game and watch it when you get back home.

If your at the game, your focus should be on the party and celebration of Cyclone Football.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
For everyone ******** about getting crappy seats through the ISU ticket office for the game, all I can say is you are doing it wrong.
Tickets through the ticket office means you will be surrounded by over 10,000 fellow Cyclone fans doing the bowl game the right way.

If you are worried about seeing a football game, set your DVR before you leave for the game and watch it when you get back home.

If your at the game, your focus should be on the party and celebration of Cyclone Football.

Nope. Got great seats through an outside vender and will probably still be surrounded by ISU fans. I actually enjoy being able to see the game, and this game especially should be a fun one to watch.

DarkStar

Sep 15, 2009
Omaha
Nope. Got great seats through an outside vender and will probably still be surrounded by ISU fans. I actually enjoy being able to see the game, and this game especially should be a fun one to watch.
Let me guess. You are one of those guys yelling "Down In Front!" During a game...

• Dislike
Reactions: khardbored

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Let me guess. You are one of those guys yelling "Down In Front!" During a game...
Never. I love standing at games. But I love standing period. I have a standing desk at work.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
why would that be? why would the Alamo bowl allot different initial amounts to each school? doesn't make any sense.

Travel perhaps... Locally its reported that only 3,500 tickets had been sold... And by "reported" I mean I talked to one of their big boosters.

suterman

Sep 4, 2014
According to Scott Royster last night on KCCI, ISU fans have already purchased all 12,000 tickets allotted to them for the Alamo Bowl, and have (through JP) requested more.

EIU, on the other hand, has so far puchased about 3,000 tickets of their allotment for the Outback Bowl. (Not sure what the total allotment is.)

Why am I not surprised????? :D
Actually the ticket office reported today that Iowa is on track to sell 7,500 of the tickets allocated to Iowa. That is 1,000 under our allotment. However they are selling plenty of tickets to the Florida Iowa fans. I imagine there will be about 15,000 Iowa fans in attendance. Miss. State OTOH has never played in the Outback and they are jacked and are expecting 30K+ Bulldog fans. I expect the Alamo Bowl will have 85 or 90 points scored while the Outback Bowl will have about 25.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
Actually the ticket office reported today that Iowa is on track to sell 7,500 of the tickets allocated to Iowa. That is 1,000 under our allotment. However they are selling plenty of tickets to the Florida Iowa fans. I imagine there will be about 15,000 Iowa fans in attendance. Miss. State OTOH has never played in the Outback and they are jacked and are expecting 30K+ Bulldog fans. I expect the Alamo Bowl will have 85 or 90 points scored while the Outback Bowl will have about 25.

I agree - the outback bowl is going to be so boring with those poor offenses.

CYKXBUT

Jul 21, 2006
If there are any of those people behind me at this game they better just GTFO.. I rarely comply with those requests, and their odds certainly aren't going to be any better after 10 hours of tailgating.
It could be those people don't want someone standing in front of them and they will get security to have you sit or leave ruining your fun. Maybe not, but sitting with the Cyclone fans certainly would be more fun even with less desirable tickets.

• Agree
Reactions: Psyclone

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
It could be those people don't want someone standing in front of them and they will get security to have you sit or leave ruining your fun. Maybe not, but sitting with the Cyclone fans certainly would be more fun even with less desirable tickets.

Well, in my 20 years of attending sporting events (yeah, I'm young), I've never had security "make me sit or leave". Never seen it happen to anyone else, either.

Also, I've been asked to sit (on third downs, no less) in Jack Trice as well, so not sure why you think sitting in the ISU section would be immune from that.

Regardless, like others have said, it's likely there will be way more ISU sections than just those sold by the university. Fun will be had by all, I'm sure of it!

Reactions: JP4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron