Boomers Vs Booers

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
If I was blindfolded, and the announcers weren't talking, I would know there was a KU home game on from the constant incoherent noises.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Blew the whistle........then had to go to the monitor to see what they should call. Unbelievable! It was going to be a two shot foul for Mason. Then......seeing they f d up.....well, look, Lucas was nudged, so let's call that. Grow some balls Fran and call a spade a spade buddy!

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
That Kansas home officiating.

Edit: After that final angle its still extremely weak but at least there was something there.

I still don't get that call. Lucas runs into The OU players and attempts to push him under the basket to clear a lane for Graham. The OU player holds his ground by pushing back. Graham runs right into Lucas so OU is called for a foul? Why can the offensive player initiate contact and push but the defensive player isn't allowed to? The refs anticipated a foul like they do every time Mason or Graham drive to the basket and saved face by saying Lucas was actually the one that got fouled when they realized they blew the original call.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Blew the whistle........then had to go to the monitor to see what they should call. Unbelievable! It was going to be a two shot foul for Mason. Then......seeing they f d up.....well, look, Lucas was nudged, so let's call that. Grow some balls Fran and call a spade a spade buddy!

Im all for calling out the KU bias, but that was absolutely the right call. The "nudge" sent Lucas into Mason and effected the shot. That call has to be made.

Spanky

Oct 14, 2009
Probably explains why they bow out early in the tournament, they don't fare well on a level court.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Not watching. But how on earth could a shooting foul be called on someone that didn't even have the ball? It can't unless they just happen to be in the bonus.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
Not watching. But how on earth could a shooting foul be called on someone that didn't even have the ball? It can't unless they just happen to be in the bonus.

The explanation was OU player pushed Lucas into KU player that was going up for a shot, so it was a shooting foul, but Lucas was the one who was fouled so he shot the FTs.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
Im all for calling out the KU bias, but that was absolutely the right call. The "nudge" sent Lucas into Mason and effected the shot. That call has to be made.
I understand......but if you think that "nudge" was the original call then you are incorrect. You don't go to the monitor to verify that. You go because you KNOW your original call was pure BS and you need to cover your a**. Fortunately for them there was a "nudge". However I am sure they could have found something somewhere on that possession to call against OU to justify their whistle.

Lexclone

I survived the 2023 ad invasion
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2013
Massachusetts

I feel like there's a 1 in 10 chance @randomfan44 has hacked this account. Impressive given they are probably at the game.

(Is a jimlad really necessary?)

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I understand......but if you think that "nudge" was the original call then you are incorrect. You don't go to the monitor to verify that. You go because you KNOW your original call was pure BS and you need to cover your a**. Fortunately for them there was a "nudge". However I am sure they could have found something somewhere on that possession to call against OU to justify their whistle.

I know it wasn't the original call, but it was 100% the right call, and replay confirmed it. No question Lucas effected the shot, and no question why Lucas effected the shot.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
'Means...too much' from Self in reference to his seniors.

I took that as him saying they're trying too hard to make sure their senior night is a win like it cements their legacy or something.

Something to remember for tomorrow---the result of the OSU game doesn't define ISU's team, season, or seniors.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Mason doesn't even try to score when he gets to the hoop, just looks for the nearest defender to launch himself into.