Book suggestions

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I spend a lot of time on the subway so I read a lot... In any case, I tend to lean toward series as it makes it easy for me to pick out the next book (I read at least one book a week). Any of the below will be entertaining (as they have to be to ignore this crap SUBWAY DOUCHERY ) but I highly recommend the Steig Larsson books as they are entertaining and a little different. I'm currently working my way through the Lee Child series, but I've read everything else below... Oh, and anything by Nelson Demille is very good... I enjoy his sense of humor.

Spy Thrillers - Vince Flynn (Mitch Rapp series) and Brad Thor (Scott Harvath series), and Daniel Silva (Gabriel Allon Series) Stephen Hunter (Point of Impact (Movie "shooter based on this book), bob lee swagger series)
Crime thrillers - Lee Child (Jack Reacher Series), Steig Larson (girl w/ dragon tattoo, played with fire, kicked hornets nest, all excellent), Rock Paper Tiger (can't remember author), oh and Michael Connelly books are good as well.

Last edited:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I would recommend The Devil in the White City by Erik Larsen. It's the true story of the nearly impossible push to build and host the Chicago Worlds Fair in 1893. Woven into it is the story of H. H. Holmes, America's first known serial killer who was preying on victims just a few blocks away.

CydaGrove

Oct 21, 2009
A game of thrones if the fantasy label doesn't scare you off

I still can't figure out if I love this series or hate it. Addictive to read, but some of the plot twist's just make you want to throw the book across the room and never pick it up. Plus, how many years have we been waiting for the next installment?

This is going to be a series upcoming on HBO, BTW.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Stephen Booth's "Cooper and Fry" series
C.J. Box's "Joe Pickett" series

"The Imperial Cruise" by James Bradley

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron