Bolton on why he left Penn State

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
I wouldn't mind hearing more of the story from this side....

Stevens has since tweeted that he recalls Chambers apologizing to Rasir and the team as a whole the next day.

I struggle with the need for someone to chime in like this as though they know the entire situation. Sure, he was on the team, but it's entirely possible he had a completely different experience than Rasir. Why try to discredit what Rasir's saying just because you had a different experience?

It's no different than the Pat Angerer's of the world coming to Kirk's defense. Fine, Kirk was good to you-- doesn't mean he was that way to everyone.

jmclone

Aug 29, 2017
Stevens has since tweeted that he recalls Chambers apologizing to Rasir and the team as a whole the next day.

I struggle with the need for someone to chime in like this as though they know the entire situation. Sure, he was on the team, but it's entirely possible he had a completely different experience than Rasir. Why try to discredit what Rasir's saying just because you had a different experience?

It's no different than the Pat Angerer's of the world coming to Kirk's defense. Fine, Kirk was good to you-- doesn't mean he was that way to everyone.

In what way am I "trying" to discredit Rasir?

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I wouldn't mind hearing more of the story from this side....

Well, here's a tweet from Lamar Stevens since deleted:

"Ra has been to 6 or 7 schools in the past 6 years.
Questionable credibility. If the Bolton family is so bothered by how Ra was treated, why was his Dad sitting in our section supporting coach chambers n PSU when we played Georgetown? I watched him hug my teammates and coaches..."

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Johnny Orr could not be a coach at ISU if we were alive today based on the things he said. Should his statue remain?

did he abuse players and make racist comments to them? Have players come forward and said he did or said racist things to them?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Johnny Orr could not be a coach at ISU if we were alive today based on the things he said. Should his statue remain?

Our recent fetish for delving into the past of either old or long dead public figures on topics unrelated to what they are really known for reminds me of this quote...

"Don't look for it, Taylor. You may not like what you find."

Never meet your heroes. There is always going to be something there to disappoint.

jmclone

Aug 29, 2017
I wasn't saying you were, I'm saying Stevens is.

Ah I misunderstood. I guess it's an emotional situation and he felt the best thing to do was state his feelings. Nothing wrong with that and I'm not advocating. Just a little curious on my end I suppose

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Was he overtly racist toward his players and treat his black players more harshly than his white players including doing things like using the N word or words like 'noose' around them?

If so, no.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I would say Lamar Stevens knows Rasir Bolton a lot better than any of us message board posters...
I would also say that the fact that Coach Chambers came out quickly with an apology means he knows he did something wrong. Same with these players who are not denying Chambers said such a thing.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I would also say that the fact that Coach Chambers came out quickly with an apology means he knows he did something wrong. Same with these players who are not denying Chambers said such a thing.
But PSU players are already disputing Bolton's assertion that Chambers did not apologize promptly...

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
Going to be rooting extra hard for this team, hopefully playing a full slate this winter.

Yet another reason PSU is a trash university.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

Hard to say he came out "quickly" as we are more than a year removed from the incident.

Simply put, he doesn't feel bad. You know he doesn't. He got caught and the school is making him manufacture an apology. Sounds like Penn State Basketball and Iowa Football have the same PR crisis response team.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron