Boise State first in projected BCS standings

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
if nebby, auburn, lsu, tOSU, oregon and oklahoma all lose, the NC game should be boise vs the winner of TCU/Utah

Auburn will lose, its just a matter of time. They have won by the skin of there *** the last 3 games. The last game only winning with a last second field goal against KENTUCKY!

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
I cant stand boise or tcu both play no1. I wouldnt mind if Oregon got in considering how high powered their offense is. Oregon vs Big 12/SEC would be interesting.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I cant stand boise or tcu both play no1. I wouldnt mind if Oregon got in considering how high powered their offense is. Oregon vs Big 12/SEC would be interesting.

How can you say Boise is no better than Oregon. They have beat them the last 2 years. So what your saying is that the winner from a way weak big 12 conference is more deserving than Boise St. Basically just because they are the Big 12. You just got proof that Utah(a mountain west member) made us look like fools and Boise State would do the same and to all but maybe 2 or 3 teams in the Big 12.

Last edited:

Tank

Sep 13, 2008
Niceville, FL
Playing a WAC schedule isnt even close to playing a Big 12 schedule. Not even close. And thats the bottom line.
And you aren't going to get near as banged up playing in the WAC.

Even if we played a Boise State's schedule this year I still think we would only finish 7-5.

Virginia Tech - L
Wyoming - W
Oregon State - L
New Mexico State - W
Toledo - W
San Jose State - W
Louisiana Tech - W
Hawaii - L
Idaho - W
Fresno State - L
Nevada - L
Utah State - W

I'm so tired of the strength of schedule argument! Boise State has proven now for the last 3 years that they can play with everybody in the country and I would bet if they were to play in the NC game this year, they would win.

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006
Would love to see Boise State and TCU or Utah end up one and two. We'd see an eight team play-off next year.

It would increase the calls for a playoff, but in my opinion it would actually legitimize the current system. If Boise State and/or TCU/Utah make it to the national championship game, the argument that it's impossible for a non-AQ team to win the national championship under the current system would be debunked.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Even if we played a Boise State's schedule this year I still think we would only finish 7-5.

Virginia Tech - L
Wyoming - W
Oregon State - L
New Mexico State - W
Toledo - W
San Jose State - W
Louisiana Tech - W
Hawaii - L
Idaho - W
Fresno State - L
Nevada - L
Utah State - W

I'm so tired of the strength of schedule argument! Boise State has proven now for the last 3 years that they can play with everybody in the country and I would bet if they were to play in the NC game this year, they would win.

And even when they do beat a ranked opponent, it was a fluke or they still havent played anyone. Didn't they beat Oklahoma when they werent supposed to, oh wait, they wont on a fluke play. Whatever, if they are as weak as they are they would of got spanked and not stood a chance.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I can't stand all this talk about Boise not being the real deal. Boise St. would prolly beat every Big 12 team except for may be Nebraska this year. That's if they play every game like they did against KState. IMO, Boise and TCU are the 2 teams that deserve to be talked about being in the NT game right now. The only other team that may be legit is OSU.

Define irony - Utah just gets done drilling ISU a brand new ***hole and Cyclone fans want to rip on MWC and WAC teams for not being the "real deal". TCU, Utah, and Boise St would likely roll all over most of the Big 12 this year.

hawkeyescott

Jun 13, 2008
If I'm not mistaken, this "projection" is total BS. Ohio State is ranked 1st in both the USA Today and Harris polls. BCS rules now state that computer polls cannot unseat a consensus #1 by the polls.

I don't buy this at all.

Depending on how you interpret consensus, Ohio St isn't a consensus #1 as four other schools received first place votes in the coaches poll, therefore creating some disagreement among the group (voters) as a whole and not everyone agreeing to it.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Define irony - Utah just gets done drilling ISU a brand new ***hole and Cyclone fans want to rip on MWC and WAC teams for not being the "real deal". TCU, Utah, and Boise St would likely roll all over most of the Big 12 this year.

Outside of those three schools, most of the MWC and WAC teams aren't the real deal.

Also, by Big 12 standards, neither are we.

Historically, to win a BCS championship, you need to come out of a power conference with either 0 or 1 loss. Could one of those schools go to the Big 12, Big 10, or SEC for 8 conference games, plus 1 or 2 BCS schools in the non-conference, plus a conference title game and run the table or take just 1 loss? I still don't know that we have seen enough to say for sure that they could do that.

The only way to know for sure is to try it. Lucky for us, Utah will do just that next season.

CycloneChris

Jan 28, 2009
Chicago suburbs
If I'm not mistaken, this "projection" is total BS. Ohio State is ranked 1st in both the USA Today and Harris polls. BCS rules now state that computer polls cannot unseat a consensus #1 by the polls.

I don't buy this at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Big 10 office issues a press release soon saying Ohio State has already accepted a bid to play in the National Title game if this is true.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
cyfan15- I agree that it would prove that even a non-bcs conference school could win the national title, but imo it still wouldn't prove the system works, and I have a feeling there would be a huge outcry from bcs conference champion fans that would feel the same. But then I'm biased as I think it's insane that there isn't an 8 team play-off to much more accurately determine a true national champion like they do in the other divisions and every other ncaa sport.

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM
How can you say Boise is no better than Oregon. They have beat them the last 2 years. So what your saying is that the winner from a way weak big 12 conference is more deserving than Boise St. Basically just because they are the Big 12. You just got proof that Utah(a mountain west member) made us look like fools and Boise State would do the same and to all but maybe 2 or 3 teams in the Big 12.

We beat Utah the previous 4 times we played them too... that worked out well.

Texas beat OU the previous two years as well... that worked out well.