Bohannon...

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No, I really don't. I'm for anyone getting paid because they have a talent that someone is willing to pay for.

So you know that ISU would likely struggle even more in things like recruiting as a result, right?

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Part 2: colleges with biggest donors have super-teams of athletes which would mean that the other schools would not be ablle to compete. Which would result in decrease in attendance and revenue. Which would negatively affect the athletes for that school. Which in turn would probably result in said school getting rid of sports they can't support due to no revenue coming in.

All because you wanted to help the student athlete.

Duke got commits from the 1, 2, and 5th best recruits in the country. Please tell me how they did this without these donors giving the kids money.

ISU has made how many bowl games over the years? Where is the decrease in revenue and money? Texas Tech has like 1k in the stands for basketball. Why do they have any other sports?

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
So you know that ISU would likely struggle even more in things like recruiting as a result, right?

Why? I don't think it would change at all. According to 247, ISU was 55th in football recruiting. Right above Boise St and behind Syracuse and Cincinnati. Who would jump them because some kids are making money on the side?

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Who would pay for a Jordan Bohannon autograph?

Never said anyone would. But considering how popular these kids are and how much college sports are followed, I'm guessing some people in the Iowa City area would show up and bring their kids to a signing somewhere. But if he couldn't get that to happen, then he doesn't get the money.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Who would pay for a Jordan Bohannon autograph?

ZYBzAbI.gif

screen-shot-2013-09-03-at-4-31-50-pm.png

hqdefault.jpg

tenor.gif

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
Duke got commits from the 1, 2, and 5th best recruits in the country. Please tell me how they did this without these donors giving the kids money.

ISU has made how many bowl games over the years? Where is the decrease in revenue and money? Texas Tech has like 1k in the stands for basketball. Why do they have any other sports?
I give up. Anyone else want to take over explaining all of this?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Never said anyone would. But considering how popular these kids are and how much college sports are followed, I'm guessing some people in the Iowa City area would show up and bring their kids to a signing somewhere. But if he couldn't get that to happen, then he doesn't get the money.

For Jordan Bohannon? I'll strongly disagree with that one

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Why? I don't think it would change at all. According to 247, ISU was 55th in football recruiting. Right above Boise St and behind Syracuse and Cincinnati. Who would jump them because some kids are making money on the side?

Because other schools have boosters with more money that will attract them.

That's weird that you don't see it that way. Carry on.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Because other schools have boosters with more money that will attract them.

That's weird that you don't see it that way. Carry on.

How much did the Sukup family donate to fund the south end zone?

You really are of the opinion that the mid-majors will be getting way better talent than ISU because some kids are getting paid? And that ISU doesn't have any donors willing to do this?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Does your company ban you from making money on the side? Say you wanted to create a business on the side to make extra money. Do they stop you?

Now no since I'm self employed. I guess I am doing some work for a friend and yes, he bans me from doing side gigs with a non compete so my training and certification can only be used there. I have had that with other companies also.

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Now no since I'm self employed. I guess I am doing some work for a friend and yes, he bans me from doing side gigs with a non compete so my training and certification can only be used there. I have had that with other companies also.

Well they aren't going to get paid to play basketball for another team - not sure how a non-compete is the same thing as this.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
How much did the Sukup family donate to fund the south end zone?

You really are of the opinion that the mid-majors will be getting way better talent than ISU because some kids are getting paid? And that ISU doesn't have any donors willing to do this?

Ah, thought I smelled a rat.

This has the backhandedness of a Hok fan.

• Agree
Reactions: CyTwins

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Ah, thought I smelled a rat.

This has the backhandedness of a Hok fan.

Good lord. If you can't see that bigger schools already have the pick of the litter in recruiting, I'm not sure what to tell you.