Bohannon out for year

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Should have said no NCAA tourney success with his own guys.

He did make ISU fans dreams come true by allowing them to spend Spring Break in Missouri.

You have already touched on the bolded part. You claimed Prohm got all this NBA talent and then he couldnt beat an 11 seed and get out of the first round.

Most on this board, yourself included, thought Iowa was going to be terrible this year.

You dont see why there would have been different reactions to each season?

There's Iowa fans on this board who say losing in the play in game would be a successful year and now we base things off NCAA Tourney success lol

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Should have said no NCAA tourney success with his own guys.

He did make ISU fans dreams come true by allowing them to spend Spring Break in Missouri.

You have already touched on the bolded part. You claimed Prohm got all this NBA talent and then he couldnt beat an 11 seed and get out of the first round.

Most on this board, yourself included, thought Iowa was going to be terrible this year.

You dont see why there would have been different reactions to each season?
And Fran has yet to make any Iowa fan's dreams come true considering they haven't made the second weekend in the NCAA tournament since 1999 and he hasn't led a team far enough in the Big 10 tournament for Iowa fans to even want to make a trip to the location to watch the team.

You can have a ton of talent and still lose in the first round. Iowa State's not the only team to have gotten beat in the first round before and Prohm's not the only coach in the history of college basketball to have lost in the first round either.

And you're right, I did think Iowa was going to be bad this year. I honestly didn't think Iowa State would be good last year year but in both cases was wrong. You never know how good a team is going to be until they get out on the floor and play.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Just making the tournament this year means this season was a success. After the Depaulicle, I didn't think there was shot at making the tournament this year.

• Agree
Reactions: TRYHARDER

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
You've said this before and its dumb.
ISU has drawn well at home, in Hawaii, in Kansas City, in Sioux Falls, in the Bahamas, South Carolina, in the NCAA tournament, etc.
ISU is the reason Des Moines has gotten NCAA tournaments.
ISU fans have shown support in a lot of different cities during all times of the year.

I don't know a single Iowa friend that has ever seen a game outside of Carver.

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
Iowa appears to be a better team without Jorbo. Fran has been forced to play with 7 or 8 players and can't screw it up with bad rotations. I don't know if he realizes it.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
You've said this before and its dumb.
ISU has drawn well at home, in Hawaii, in Kansas City, in Sioux Falls, in the Bahamas, South Carolina, in the NCAA tournament, etc.
ISU is the reason Des Moines has gotten NCAA tournaments.
ISU fans have shown support in a lot of different cities during all times of the year.

I don't know a single Iowa friend that has ever seen a game outside of Carver.

You mean besides me?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
With Fran's own guys he will be 5 of 8 after this year and a good chance of being 6 of 9 after next year if Garza comes back.
That's solid. If you keep getting your team to the NCAA tournament, you give yourself a chance to go far, even if that hasn't happened for Iowa yet. Saying Prohm stinks because in 3 years he's made 1 tournament isn't a fair analysis though lol.

In Prohm's "2nd" year he went 23-12, won the Big 12 Tournament, and got a 6 seed and lost in the first round. In Fran's "2nd" year, he went 20-13, lost to NW in the first round of the Big 10 Tournament, and then lost in the play in game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron