Bobby Brown, QB, Storm Lake HS

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006
If he comes here and becomes the starter, can we get a CyBookie on how long it takes a media outlet to call that year's team the New Edition?

Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
If he comes here and becomes the starter, can we get a CyBookie on how long it takes a media outlet to call that year's team the New Edition?

I love this thread.

Cyphor

Aug 9, 2006
bobby-brown-my-prerogative-239516.jpg

I'm all for recruiting this guy! Every little step we take is one step closer to a bowl game!

Reactions: Angie

CyFan2014

Jul 21, 2010
I live in Storm Lake, Iowa. I know of Bobby Brown, although the football program may be terrible, it is up and coming. He is very talented in the spread offense, If you have ever witnessed Storm Lake play you would notice 2 things. 1, they have a very terrible offensive line giving Bobby not very much time to throw. 2, Bobby has 0 talent around him. You put him in any other school such as Heelan or any other power house football school and Iowa and this kid is Nationally known.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
I live in Storm Lake, Iowa. I know of Bobby Brown, although the football program may be terrible, it is up and coming. He is very talented in the spread offense, If you have ever witnessed Storm Lake play you would notice 2 things. 1, they have a very terrible offensive line giving Bobby not very much time to throw. 2, Bobby has 0 talent around him. You put him in any other school such as Heelan or any other power house football school and Iowa and this kid is Nationally known.
Bobby speaking about himself in third person?:jimlad:

ty4cy90

Apr 27, 2010
Ames/Spirit Lake

Correct me if I'm wrong, but did he not transfer to Heelan to play basketball only to not start and come back to Storm Lake?

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
I remember this kid from a camp I helped at earlier this summer.
Coach Herm seemed to like him and I heard him say something along the lines
of ..."I would love to have this guy to run the scout team for four years"...

weR138

Feb 20, 2008

We almost found out. Bobby nearly transferred to Heelan (or did breifly). He wasn't going to start in front of Zach McCabe though. But you could be exactly right. Before going to UI to play bball Zach had D1 offers to play qb. I've seen Bobby play and imo he's not a D1 player but your description of Storm Lake is accurate; Wegher and McCabe would've been unknowns there.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Correct me if I'm wrong, but did he not transfer to Heelan to play basketball only to not start and come back to Storm Lake?

I don't think athletics figured into the move back to SL.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
We almost found out. Bobby nearly transferred to Heelan (or did breifly). He wasn't going to start in front of Zach McCabe though. But you could be exactly right. Before going to UI to play bball Zach had D1 offers to play qb. I've seen Bobby play and imo he's not a D1 player but your description of Storm Lake is accurate; Wegher and McCabe would've been unknowns there.

that was said about Joe Montana and a host of others. Not saying he will be a star, but with perservance and desire, you never know. I like guys who are will to give it a shot. I hope he come to ISU>

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006
I heard some rumors today that the coaching staff was interested in Bobby Brown (QB from Storm Lake). Just wanted to know if anyone else had heard this and what are his chances at ISU.

He is a senior, so assuming JT is the starter after AA, Bobby Brown could come in and red shirt. After JT graduated he could have a possible 2 years at QB. Does he seem like a good fit for the new ISU spread offense? I'm orginally from the Storm Lake area (but been away for 8 years now) and just got word of this guy. Anyone have insight to how good he is? Thanks in advance.
He is a preffered walk on candidate from what I have heard.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
I heard some rumors today that the coaching staff was interested in Bobby Brown (QB from Storm Lake). Just wanted to know if anyone else had heard this and what are his chances at ISU.

He is a senior, so assuming JT is the starter after AA, Bobby Brown could come in and red shirt. After JT graduated he could have a possible 2 years at QB. Does he seem like a good fit for the new ISU spread offense? I'm orginally from the Storm Lake area (but been away for 8 years now) and just got word of this guy. Anyone have insight to how good he is? Thanks in advance.

I got a feeling that Capello or Barnett will be the starter after JT.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
that was said about Joe Montana and a host of others. Not saying he will be a star, but with perservance and desire, you never know. I like guys who are will to give it a shot. I hope he come to ISU>

Let me be clear; My point about Bobby is that his lack of a supporting cast factored into my opinion.

If he chooses ISU I support him 100% and I sincerely hope that someday he proves me wrong and starts at qb for the Cyclones.

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
I got a feeling that Capello or Barnett will be the starter after JT.

If Sam Richardson (2011 QB from Winter Park, Florida) commits to the Cyclones, competition for the starting QB position after JT could get very interesting.

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
Can you ever remember so many DI prospects out of Western Iowa? It would be nice to snag some of these kids in our own backyard.

Schrieff - Denison - went to Iowa
Hock Boys - Harlan - to Mizzou