Bob Knight Comments

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
Count me in as another person who can't understand the love for the B1G. Bracketologists are saying 7 B1G teams in the NCAA tourney? A couple of weeks ago they were saying maybe 9? What's that from, except for preseason/early season expectations living on even in the face of actual results?

You know, as an example, if Wisconsin gets swept by Iowa in B1G play, it doesn't have to mean the conference is really good and Iowa's a bubble team. It might mean Wisconsin really isn't all that great. The fact B1G teams keep beating each other, or Northwestern comes within a whisker of beating Ohio State, could mean the whole league is just mediocre. It's laughable to hear the national pundits unanimously claim this proves the B1G is the best conference around. It just doesn't.

Bobby Knight is spot on.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
i thought we were talking about bobby knight and his thoughts -- no one cares what you think!!

Bob Knight was talking about the talent in the Big 10 which led to talk about the teams, which led to my comments. Nice attempt though. Now it's back to nap time for you

ce1

Mar 23, 2006
Minnesota
Weird he emphasized the term STUDENT-athlete...not that he should or anything... :jimlad:

One of Coach Knight's most impressive statistics was his graduation rates. He graduated nearly 100% of his players across his entire coaching career. Really an astounding figure. While Coach Knight is certainly a conundrum, no one can ever deny how important it was to him to ensure that his kids graduated. He's ALWAYS been about the student, and he's backed it up with his record.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
I love Bob Knight as an announcer. He talks about the game like he is reviewing film like with his team and knows exactly what is going on. I would never want to play for the guy as that is not my type of coach. He could be calling the worst game ever to watch but if he is announcing I want to watch and listen to him disect the game.

rebecacy

Jan 31, 2007
Bob Knight was talking about the talent in the Big 10 which led to talk about the teams, which led to my comments. Nice attempt though. Now it's back to nap time for you
And still no one car ....... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

justcynn

Sep 28, 2009
Cabot, AR
One of the Mike's asked about Duke/North Carolina as a better duo- He said that they Kansas and Missouri have avoided bad losses in conference and played more consistently. I don't put a lot of stock in any of these analysts, but it is refreshing that he isn't just part of the ESPN hype machine. As someone else said, we shall find out soon enough. Iowa State is not that far behind KU and Missouri in their performance, they have a huge chance to take a step up and get in that conversation. Go Cyclones

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
He can be a jerk but he can also be the nicest, most respectful individual in the world. Just cause he acted like an *** clown on the sidelines doesn't mean he is a jerk.

Check out his Wikapedia site. His problems are not just contained to the sidelines. Not saying everything on the Web is true, but where there's smoke, there's fire.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
One of Coach Knight's most impressive statistics was his graduation rates. He graduated nearly 100% of his players across his entire coaching career. Really an astounding figure. While Coach Knight is certainly a conundrum, no one can ever deny how important it was to him to ensure that his kids graduated. He's ALWAYS been about the student, and he's backed it up with his record.

I give him a lot credit for that. He's a jerk, but he did graduate players.