Bo Williams

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
Maybe he thinks he could get a medical redshirt for this previous year and use his RS year this upcoming year. He wouldn't know until his last year anyway so lets wait until he commits before we worry 4 years down the road :)

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
it would make a difference, However i dont know all of the transfer rules on losing a year of eligibility and what not... the NCAA owes us a year anyway

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
it would make a difference, However i dont know all of the transfer rules on losing a year of eligibility and what not... the NCAA owes us a year anyway

33, are you on the football team? Do you happen to know Justin Lille if so? He said something a couple weeks ago that we have a couple new people practicing with us already, would x be one of those people? He also thought not this year, but the year after we will be awesome after having all these new commits under Chiz and staff for a year. What do you predict?

d4cy

Oct 19, 2006
Ames
Good to have you Bo, I'm looking forward to cheering for you in 2009. You made a great decision!

cyclonebillski

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 17, 2007
Council Bluffs
He just added the Iowa State Football application on facebook, so he's a fan. Its so nice to be pretty damn sure he's coming to the good guys!

c.y.c.l.o.n.e.s

Feb 21, 2007
Not being much of a recruitnik, I didn't know much about Bo.

After reading this glowing review from the last year's ESPN top 150, I do now.

Welcome to ISU, Bo!

ESPN.com - NCF - RecruitTracker 2007

Scouts Grade: 79 Position Rank: RB #11 Considered: 1-Florida , 2-Florida State , 3-Pittsburgh , 4-Nebraska , 5-N.C. State
Evaluation: Williams is one of the most complete backs in this entire class. He has size, speed, agility, quickness and power. He is one of the few backs who can pound the ball inside and be a big play threat on the perimeter on the very next play. He has a similar running style to Seahawks RB Shawn Alexander-- fast, aggressive and physical. He is very well built and tall. He shows exceptional foot quickness and excellent speed. He shows that he has good vision and he has the patience to let the play develop in front of him. When he has an opening he has the ability to burst into a second gear and he has the stop and start capabilities to get out of some tight situations. He has the speed to be able to turn the corner consistently on the toss play and he can break a play to the outside once he is through the line of scrimmage. He has very good elusiveness when he gets into the secondary and he shows that he has the ability to make people miss. He runs with a good low pad level and he will run over you just as easily as he is capable of juking you. He can be a real force in short yardage and goal line situations when he has to put his shoulder down and get the tough yards. Shows power and strength to push the pile if needed. He has adequate hands and he can catch the ball away from his body and he is a threat when he gets the ball in space. He has the running ability to create mismatches with linebackers and some defensive backs. At times he will not always appear fluid and smooth, is aggressive and can be herky-jerky with his movements. Overall, Williams is a workhorse with big play ability and few players possess that combination.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Not much to improve on that writeup. He is the first, second, and third down back according to the writeup. Wow..

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Hopefully he can match the greatness of The Great Troy Davis. He might be the best back we've had here in a long time.

clonefan_80

May 28, 2007
Ames
He looks like the type of recruit that could get other highly ranked players around the nation excited to come to Iowa State and play with him.

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Watching video of him play, I see he has the ability to make a tackler miss, something that we could really needed. I don't think A-Rob is as elusive as he is.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Would Bo be able to play in the spring game this year even though he cant play this coming year?

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Bo Williams, the name of the person who will carry this team into the Big 12 championship game. I'm already dreaming of what we will be able to do with this guy on our team.