Black and White end zones and logo for Saturday at Jack Trice!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
In physics, a color is visible light with a specific wavelength. Black and white are not colors because they do not have specific wavelengths. Instead, white light contains all wavelengths of visible light. Black, on the other hand, is the absence of visible light.
In light white is all and black is none but in things like paint or other coloring substances it is the reverse - white is none.

• Informative
Reactions: t-noah and aauummm

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I's sort of like Pravda or the Commissars saying this is what we are going to do, what do you think. All those not in favor wil be sent to the Gulag!
Do any power 5 schools have black and white for their school colors? Maybe that‘s why CMC would like to change ours

CyPunch

May 3, 2019
Sandy Springs, GA
Feel kind of dumb for opening this thread and thinking there wouldn’t be more than one person complaining.

That looks amazing, well done Cyclone turf!

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
In light white is all and black is none but in things like paint or other coloring substances it is the reverse - white is none.
That's a reflection. It's reflecting all light. Now gels for stage lights are interesting when you see what colors are used to make what.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
And so is black.
In physics, a color is visible light with a specific wavelength. Black and white are not colors because they do not have specific wavelengths. Instead, white light contains all wavelengths of visible light. Black, on the other hand, is the absence of visible light.
I thought that's what I said. Haha!

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Do any power 5 schools have black and white for their school colors? Maybe that‘s why CMC would like to change ours
Penn State comes to mind, albeit dark blue and white. Iowa State Raiders next with black and silver/white.

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
Oh maaannn I will never hear the end of this from my Hok "friends"
They copied the Steelers and we're going for that Raiders look (not exactly the franchise to model yourself after, but their jersey and helmet combo are elite)

19clone91

Nov 21, 2013
Denver, CO
Love this field crew! Great update to the Jack for a week and hope they can start doing this once a year with the jerseys.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I care about one thing and it isn't the color of the field. Well, I admit I'm glad the field isn't blue.

Or red.

I can't get the pic to upload but E. Washington's red field makes my eyes hurt.

FatNTired

Jun 3, 2015
I did have a random tavern hok approach me at Hy-Vee the other day while wearing my ISU mask and ask me why I had #### all over my face, but stuff like that is pretty common place in eastern IA
Totally believable and not made up. Sure hope he didn’t offer a condescending glance or smirk in the process.