Billy Tubbs passes away

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
See that was part of it though everybody gave as good as they got and nobody got butt hurt about it. Our student section bring cap guns to shoot and chant "Suicide Steve" at Steve Stipanovich from misssourri when he accidently shoot himself in the leg while cleaning a gun. OU and the foam fingers, it was just a great time to be in attendance fan in the Big8. That group of coaches were just plain fun.

Well, that certainly wouldn't fly nowadays o_O

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Only slightly related but when attending USD v. SDSU games, it was common to see dead Jackrabbits thrown on the floor at Vermillion during pregame and coyotes at Brookings. I mean every game. Given the wokeness today, can you imagine the reaction to that cruelty? :rolleyes:

Cyrealist

Sep 25, 2013
Only slightly related but when attending USD v. SDSU games, it was common to see dead Jackrabbits thrown on the floor at Vermillion during pregame and coyotes at Brookings. I mean every game. Given the wokeness today, can you imagine the reaction to that cruelty? :rolleyes:
A whole coyote? Wow.
In the early '80's ISU had rotating seats for the students. It was a treat to be behind the Oklahoma bench when Tubbs came to town. Both teams had good players and liked to run. It was SHOWTIME.

• Agree
Reactions: CYEATHAWK

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
A friend played football at USD during those days. He got hit in the head with a jackrabbit while running on to the field one year.

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
A whole coyote? Wow.
In the early '80's ISU had rotating seats for the students. It was a treat to be behind the Oklahoma bench when Tubbs came to town. Both teams had good players and liked to run. It was SHOWTIME.

More like the mid to late 80's. Mookie and Stacey were on what I think was his best team and that was 1987-88.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron