Bill Simmons Compares Haliburton to Purdy

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
Bill Simmons on his podcast this morning was gushing about Tyrese after his win over the Milwaukee Bucks, and while trying to find someone to compare him to brought up how his mental processing reminds him of Brock Purdy. It's amazing the ascent these two cyclones have gone on in the past two years.

For those that want to listen it's the Bill Simmons Podcast and it happens at roughly the 30 minute mark.

It's crazy to think that Hali is being compared to Purdy while Hali is banking millions and Purdy is scraping by on hundies. I know Brock will get paid, but dang it sucks that the guy is paid so low right now.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclones12321

Cy Guy69

Nov 2, 2023
I’m not a huge basketball guy but I’m watching his highlights from last night. He’s just so smooth on the court, kind of Magic Johnson.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
I’m not a huge basketball guy but I’m watching his highlights from last night. He’s just so smooth on the court, kind of Magic Johnson.

A skinny Magic Johnson with a set shot. He's got such a wonderful smile, he seems so nice while he's carving the opponent up.

I think it's cool how other players in the league are wanting to come to the Pacers to play with him.

Reactions: clonechemist

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Pacers can win the In Season Tournament but they're not winning the Larry O'Brien.
This. Unless they could grab some players in a blockbuster trade they don't have enough pieces to make any noise. But what do they really have to trade?

The best thing to come out of this in season tournament is the entire nation is getting a chance to see Hali play. It is criminal that it took this for some of the national networks to carry one of his games.

Reactions: CychiatricWard

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
This. Unless they could grab some players in a blockbuster trade they don't have enough pieces to make any noise. But what do they really have to trade?

The best thing to come out of this in season tournament is the entire nation is getting a chance to see Hali play. It is criminal that it took this for some of the national networks to carry one of his games.
Literally.

The Pacers were scheduled to have ONE nationally televised game, excluding the Tournament.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021

Heild is a nice trade piece for picks or youth. Solid depth piece and a good shooter on an expiring. I’d like the Nuggets to go after him.

There’s not much they can do to add this year and make a run, outside of what they already have in the roster.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
His podcast is great. A must listen twice a week.

I haven’t listened to this one yet, but the hilarious part is, I’m positive he had no idea they both went to ISU and are friends (unless his guest told him). He doesn’t really like college sports.
I recall an article he did from an interview with Paul Shirley years ago (early 2000s) and he said it was "hilarious to [him] that a school like Iowa State has boosters. Like, what are they - the biggest tractor salesmen?"

:rolleyes:

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
I recall an article he did from an interview with Paul Shirley years ago (early 2000s) and he said it was "hilarious to [him] that a school like Iowa State has boosters. Like, what are they - the biggest tractor salesmen?"

I’ve enjoyed Simmons since the page 2 days. Grew up obsessed with reading his columns.

*For the under 25 crowd on here, we use to read sports articles in newspapers and magazines to hear their takes before podcasts and talk shows were a thing.*

I always thought his disdain or lack of interest in college sports were weird until I met a bunch of people from the NE region. They do not care or have an appetite for college sports, its a whole other sports world.

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021

Eh I’m willing to give him a pass. He’s from Boston, he doesn’t know. I’m sure a lot of Iowans think everyone from Boston is like Jeremy Renner from The Town

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I’ve enjoyed Simmons since the page 2 days. Grew up obsessed with reading his columns.

*For the under 25 crowd on here, we use to read sports articles in newspapers and magazines to hear their takes before podcasts and talk shows were a thing.*

I always thought his disdain or lack of interest in college sports were weird until I met a bunch of people from the NE region. They do not care or have an appetite for college sports, its a whole other sports world.
I find his disdain for college sports refreshing. I live in Denver and most people here feel the same way.

With how corrupt college sports have become, it’s kind of nice to realize huge swaths of the country couldn’t give two ***** about the University of Alabama

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

Help Support Us

Become a patron