BIG ROB ENERGY Robert Jones

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
The announcers were mouthing off about rjs efficiency with only making 30% of his shots. He was just figuring out how to beat Baycot. Just kept getting better and better
I still have a big smile on my face. I couldn’t believe we were essentially running offensive through Rob Jones at one point, and he scored 6 straight! He short armed a few with his left hand that would have been great plays had he been able to finish.

Watching Robert Jones taking it right at Bacot and Grill taking it right at Caleb Love - I did not see that coming at all!

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Jones has been the biggest surprise of the year for me so far.

The improvement he's shown since he came to Ames has been outstanding, but it has also been consistent. So I don't know how surprising this should have been. His transition from a liability to a quality player through the season last year is a sign that he's willing to be coached and our coaching staff is very good at developing players.

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
The improvement he's shown since he came to Ames has been outstanding, but it has also been consistent. So I don't know how surprising this should have been. His transition from a liability to a quality player through the season last year is a sign that he's willing to be coached and our coaching staff is very good at developing players.
I just wish he would get back to his FT% from before ISU. he shot 57% at Denver. Outside of that i agree!

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Disagree. His offensive game from the end of last year to the start of this season is literally night and day. I cannot recall a more significant transformation we've had in a big in a very long time. He was a complete liability offensively all of last season - he did not 'improve consistently' throughout the year. Now, this year, with 1 offseason, he has shown to be quite capable around the block when needed, with offensive moves over both shoulders. Still not a great finisher, but he couldn't even attempt these types of moves in the past. I do not believe it is coincidence that there was also a coaching transition involved in his offseason...

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011

Me and my friends were into Cheech and Chong in high school so I was familiar with the song, but I had never seen the video. That sure is.... something. Definitely couldn't get away with that today, even as satire.