Big news coming

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Does his recruitment say anything about how worried they are about Harrington's status moving forward? Just wondering?

Don't think so. What it says is we are thin at 97 and kinda short at 84. Sounds like he will start at 184. If he redshirts, Downey will be gone.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
p9sjh1vbfdh7yz2dgm9v.gif

Sobchakcyclone

Feb 8, 2010
Bowling Alley
I'm not an expert on weight cutting, but he looks shorter than Weatherspoon, and quite a bit thicker. I thought it might be a stretch to get him to 184. That's why I asked.

howellc33

Mar 18, 2012
Britt, IA
I love the 197lb class and we've had excellent guys recently with Varner and Gadson. I was stoked when Harrington committed and even if Colbray comes in starting at 84 he will eventually be the guy at 97. This is a great class and I'm hoping this recruiting trend will stay consistent and put us back into the top ten where we should be.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I love the 197lb class and we've had excellent guys recently with Varner and Gadson. I was stoked when Harrington committed and even if Colbray comes in starting at 84 he will eventually be the guy at 97. This is a great class and I'm hoping this recruiting trend will stay consistent and put us back into the top ten where we should be.

This is definitely an exciting step forward, and I do like some of the talent we are acquiring. I'd love to see this year's team show it too.

cywr89

May 14, 2009
Downey is only a Sophomore so he could still be here after Colbray RS. Back in the Top 10 is not the goal as we should be there in the second semester if we have everyone in the lineup. These are the type of classes that should put us back in title contention in the future. Also, the staff strategy early on was to get bodies in the room as the numbers were so low. Now they are switching to trying to obtain the elite wrestlers. This years class also was greatly enhanced by getting some kids with great academic backgrounds otherwise they couldn't afford to get all of these guys. Besides Gomez there probably will only be 1-2 other main targets in 2017. O'Connor (149) and Coleman (174/184) are probably at the top of the list and make a lot of sense. O'Commor is real close with Gomez and obviously Coleman is a hometown favorite. Good time to be a Clone wrestling fan.

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
Downey is only a Sophomore so he could still be here after Colbray RS. Back in the Top 10 is not the goal as we should be there in the second semester if we have everyone in the lineup. These are the type of classes that should put us back in title contention in the future. Also, the staff strategy early on was to get bodies in the room as the numbers were so low. Now they are switching to trying to obtain the elite wrestlers. This years class also was greatly enhanced by getting some kids with great academic backgrounds otherwise they couldn't afford to get all of these guys. Besides Gomez there probably will only be 1-2 other main targets in 2017. O'Connor (149) and Coleman (174/184) are probably at the top of the list and make a lot of sense. O'Commor is real close with Gomez and obviously Coleman is a hometown favorite. Good time to be a Clone wrestling fan.

I hope you're right. Those would be a couple of big time pickups to keep momentum going.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Thanks for the correction, that's good news.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
And we have Nate Carr's son David coming up in a couple years. #3 overall in Sophomore class

I know they are talking with Gable Steveson (#1 sophomore) and Roman Bravo-Young (#10 sophomore)

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
If I had to guess, I'd say 8-10 right now. We have #10 plus 3 guys in the 50-70 range plus 3 other guys outside the top 100.

So we are thrilled about a top 10 recruiting class? Shouldn't that be a pretty minimal expectation of a coaching staff at ISU?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
This is a great class and we should be thrilled. No need to lay on the negativity with the recruits that we got. It is alright to be happy and try and believe every now and then.

Future light weights are here with Boston, Simmons, Parker, Storr. Heavyweights are here with Colbray and Gremmel and also have Nolting and Silberstein as heavys.

Solidify 157 to 184 now and it starts with Trey Meyer. Hope to add Marcus Coleman and Austin OConnor next year