Big 12 Wrestling Championship TV Coverage

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
here is the official release from the Big 12 on coverage for upcoming championships!

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I didn’t feel like starting a new thread but word is Missouri might be joining the big 12 for wrestling again. Not sure if this was brought up yet but that would be awesome.

Reactions: CyGold and stuclone

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I didn’t feel like starting a new thread but word is Missouri might be joining the big 12 for wrestling again. Not sure if this was brought up yet but that would be awesome.
Damn. I don’t like letting them back in but the competition in the league would certainly rise

Reactions: CyCloneRastlinG

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'll take "Schools that can pound sand for $500"
Despite their ******* antics on their way out ("SEC! SEC! SEC!"), I don't begrudge them for what happened. They were fricken scared that the music started by the likes of Nebraska and A&M would stop and they would be left without a seat - much like many Cyclone fans were. They saw an opportunity at another P5 and they took it.

Nebraska is at the top of my **** 'em list, though.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I hate the 4 defectors but I wonder if this one has enough benefit to make things work out for both parties. We wrestle them every year anyway. Add them and make our conference stronger. They are ******* though

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I think it helps them more than us. They knew what they were signing up for. Not interested in doing anything for any of them.
I agree. I am torn. What I keep landing on is that wrestling needs to promote itself to keep growing. If our conference does that it’s stronger. Adding them back may do that, even with their prior transgressions...

jkbuff98

Jan 3, 2017
Texas schools need to add wrestling . Wrestling is growing there at the high school level. Sadly, I don’t see that happening. Torn over the Mizzou issue especially since having a tougher conference would help recruiting but still have that sour taste in my mouth

stuclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2013
Ames, IA
From a wrestling standpoint, I am all for letting Mizzou back into the conference. It would be good for the overall sport of wrestling, it would gain the Big 12 more allocations come conference tournament time, and would give Iowa State another rivalry to go along with Okie State/UNI

WhizzerClone

Feb 20, 2020
Everyone needs to get over their hurt feelings from a few years ago. This is a no brainer for wresting.
No brainer. Seems they are on the schedule every year anyway, might as well be a conference dual. If it happens, just confirms I will get to watch Missouri style wrestling once a year......yay

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
No brainer. Seems they are on the schedule every year anyway, might as well be a conference dual. If it happens, just confirms I will get to watch Missouri style wrestling once a year......yay
You enjoy wrestling that looks like this?

200.gif

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
The allocations alone would be a huge boost for the conference.

Not a fan of the Mizzou AD but I have no qualms with Brad Smith and Co.

CyGold

Mar 25, 2015
I'm of the opinion that the Mizzou Parents (University Pres & AD ) and Big Brother (FB program) made the decision and didn't bother to consider even asking Lil Bro (Wrestling). I can't hold any ill will towards Lil Bro since he really didn't have a say in the matter. I'd welcome Lil Bro into our group on his own merit. Can't hold Lil Bro responsible for the decisions of his family members. You can pick your friends but you can't pick your family.

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
Nothing against Cal Baptist, they may turn into a decent program (came up from DII just a couple of years ago and hired Lennie Zalesky as HC after UC Davis dropped wrestling), but at the moment they're mostly extra bodies to be added to the conference tourney.

Mizzou would do a lot more than that for the B12 tournament.