Big 12 to establish Big 12 Mexico

MJ271

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2012
Atkins
On the 2 Guys Named Chris Iowa Everywhere podcast, CW mentioned that his impression was that the Kansas/Houston matchup wouldn't count as a conference game. I'm not sure I necessarily got that impression straight away--I think the only thing in the press release that possibly points to it is that the Mexico City game would be played in December.

However, I do think that makes a lot of sense and would like it a lot if that's the way it'll work. At 12+ teams, the conference will no longer be doing a double round-robin schedule. If you take one of the matchups that is only happening once and give them a second game in Mexico City that doesn't count towards the conference standings, it seems like a clever way to have more big intra-conference matchups without having a conference schedule that's too long.

In that case, it wouldn't be taking a conference home game away from anybody. It would just be adding what amounts to a non-conference neutral site game. The only difference is that you're guaranteed to play that opponent again later in the season.

• Informative
Reactions: Kinch

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The International Union of Wall Builders and Allied Craftworkers Bowl

Perhaps a bowl game could be sponsored by the Coalition of Central Iowa Roofing Companies.

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
As someone who studied the Spanish language in college, I have an extra affinity for Mexico. In particularly the yucatan and its resorts and beaches. :) Making a trip to Mexico city to watch an ISU bball game is way, way down on my list. This update makes me think I am not alone.

Reactions: LSGOST8

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
At the Cancun airport couple weeks ago with my ISU shirt on, walking to my transportation to the resort, and the driver says "Go Cyclones"... and I am like how the hell do you know that ISU is Cyclones... and he goes "Good wrestling" was a bit surprised by that lol.

Definitely something Yormark should take into consideration. Yes, I will email him about it.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron