Big 10 Stinks - Northwestern

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
So Missouri is mediocre at best.

And LOL at Penn State being mediocre. You're clearly ignorant when it comes to sports.

Missouri was the 5th best team in the Big 12 and they beat the 4th best team in the Big 10. I guess you claim victory because the Big 10 lost by a little instead of a loss. That makes me feel sorry for you.

Penn State is mediocre. Just wait until they play USC and you'll see it for yourself.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Penn State, Northwestern, and Michigan State? Big deal. Those are upper division Big Ten teams which means they are mediocre at best. Ohio State beating them only shows how bad the Big Ten really is.

Ohio State played one good team -- USC -- and and did not belong on the same field with them.

Ohio State also played USC without Beanie Wells, and a statue starting at QB. Ohio St. wouldn't have won that game even if Pryor and Wells had both started, but you can't deny that having Pryor under center gives them a completley different look than Boeckman.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
If losing to USC makes a team mediocre, then there could possibly be 118 mediocre teams battling it out in mediocrity! USC might possibly be the best team in the country. Penn St will probably lose to USC, but I also think Texas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Florida and Alabama would stand a very good chance of losing that game.

None of those teams I mentioned have played a defense like USC's and I say that confidently because out of eleven defensive starters, USC has eleven NFL players. No other team can say that.

Ohio St is a huge disappointment this year and it is mostly due to their inexperience in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Pryor and Wells would not have made a difference in their game against USC, but they are a better team with those to on the field.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
USC playing in the Rose Bowl is also a huge advantage for them. I'm not sure it's a needed advantage but it doesn't hurt either!

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Ohio State also played USC without Beanie Wells, and a statue starting at QB. Ohio St. wouldn't have won that game even if Pryor and Wells had both started, but you can't deny that having Pryor under center gives them a completley different look than Boeckman.

Ohio State could have started Peyton Manning at QB and Adrian Peterson at RB. It still wouldn't have changed the fact that their defense is so slow and so bad that it looked like USC was scrimmaging against a high school team.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
USC playing in the Rose Bowl is also a huge advantage for them. I'm not sure it's a needed advantage but it doesn't hurt either!

USC playing a Big Ten team is advantage enough.

Here is how they've done in their last 8 games against Big Ten teams. But don't forget -- the Big Ten plays "great defense". :skeptical:

USC has won eight straight games against the Big Ten -- all by double digits and by an average of 25 points. And these aren't cupcakes. The last five have all been in BCS games.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=282570030

ozzie8

Apr 30, 2008

Here is how they've done in their last 8 games against Big Ten teams. But don't forget -- the Big Ten plays "great defense". :skeptical:

USC has won eight straight games against the Big Ten -- all by double digits and by an average of 25 points. And these aren't cupcakes. The last five have all been in BCS games.

ESPN - Buckeyes have no answers for Sanchez, Trojans' offense - NCAA College Football Recap

Yeah, and they beat Oklahoma 55-19 in the BCS Championship game. The Trojans would have blasted any team from any conference, it just happened that the big 10 gets the bowl affiliation in the Rose Bowl with them.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines

ESPN - Buckeyes have no answers for Sanchez, Trojans' offense - NCAA College Football Recap

I'll bet a program with the history of USC has winning records against pretty much every conference. Did you know that Ohio St. is 24-4 against the Big 12?

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
So a horrible game erases an excellent season?

I guess Oklahoma the past few years has been mediocre, since this is exactly what happens to them every time they play in a BCS game.

Boise State much?

Who did PSU beat out of conf? I guess beating some Big 10 teams is neat. Otherwise cool season. Beat more crappy Big 10 teams and thats about it.

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
The Big 10 is a joke, it really is. Not just this year, but the last 10 years.

Good thing Iowa beat this pathetic bunch from Penn State and saved us the grief of watching another Poor Performance by a Big 10 Team in the National Title Game.

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
USC is ok. They barely beat Cal. The Big 10 argument has nothing to do with USC.

Penn St beat an 'average' OSU team at home. Plus beating on the big 10 teams, which have proven to be worthless (minus Iowa who PSU lost to)

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Who did PSU beat out of conf? I guess beating some Big 10 teams is neat. Otherwise cool season. Beat more crappy Big 10 teams and thats about it.

Who did thay beat in-conference? Nobody. A team with no quality wins does not belong in a BCS bowl and they would not have gotten there if they had been in any conference other than the Big Ten.

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Too bad the other USC (South Carolina) was such a turd today. Every time I see the replay of that one pick their QB threw, I just can't stop laughing. He must have overshot his receiver by 10 yards or more. WTF?!?!?

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
The Big 10 is a joke, it really is. Not just this year, but the last 10 years.

Good thing Iowa beat this pathetic bunch from Penn State and saved us the grief of watching another Poor Performance by a Big 10 Team in the National Title Game.

I do agree with this. I'm glad Iowa spared us from seeing one of their conference-mates in the NC game this year.