Best places to watch Cyclones in Des Moines area?

Trojbrown

Mar 23, 2012
West Des Moines, IA
I'm new to the area and do not have Mediacom. Where is the best Cyclone bar/restaurant in the Des Moines area to watch the football games at? And most importantly...do they have Mediacom? Thanks! Go Cyclones!

cycloneted

Apr 19, 2006
Des Moines
Yup, can't go wrong with Kegstand.

I've been to Zimms a few times to watch Clone games, they have Mediacom and have no problem putting the game and sound on. Sometimes they have bands, though.

isulive2train

Feb 24, 2009
Ciclón Nación
My basement. Be sure to bring your wife so we can get to "know" each other.
giphy.gif

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Front Row in Windsor Heights....they have amazing specials if you wear cardinal and gold

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX
The best place to watch in the Des Moines area is Jack Trice Stadium in Ames.

CyGrad04

Sep 16, 2011
Keg Stand is currently the best place in Des Moines, but mixed drinks are basically soda with those stupid auto-pour things. Save your money and drink beer if you are one to party. The TV situation could be better but it works.

In the good old days nothing could match 3-bag, but she gone.

thrillcat

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Keg Stand is a decent place, but last time I was there to watch a game that was on Cyclones.TV, they don't have Mediacom so they were streaming it off a laptop sitting on a table into a projector. Kept losing connection, getting bumped, etc. Not an ideal situation for streaming a game.

That was a year and a half ago, perhaps they've gotten Mediacom since then?

I'd second the post that Jack Trice Stadium is the best place in Central Iowa to watch the game.

cykocy

Dec 22, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Benchwarmers in Ankeny is a good spot as well. They have a special going on during the game that includes a burger fries and a beer for 8 bucks!

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Keg Stand is a decent place, but last time I was there to watch a game that was on Cyclones.TV, they don't have Mediacom so they were streaming it off a laptop sitting on a table into a projector. Kept losing connection, getting bumped, etc. Not an ideal situation for streaming a game.

That was a year and a half ago, perhaps they've gotten Mediacom since then?

I'd second the post that Jack Trice Stadium is the best place in Central Iowa to watch the game.

I hope not . . . that type of thing is typically not legal!

thrillcat

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
I hope not . . . that type of thing is typically not legal!

Well, it was via Cyclones.TV, so they had that account, but yeah, I guess I hadn't thought about that aspect. They generally pay a higher dish/cable rate for being a public establishment, which grants them the right to show the games, right? I had never even thought about that.

Also, we wound up at Keg Stand because Twin Peaks didn't have Mediacom either. Great food, though.

CY88CE11

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 25, 2012
The Des
Also look at 515 Brewing in Clive. They pull down a projector screen for ISU games. I'm not sure if they have Mediacom or not, so it wouldn't hurt to call ahead. And you'll want to get there early.