Benefit of the doubt.

INCyclone

Jan 17, 2012
Indiana
I will give it to the Cyclones this week. Defense played great. Offense not so much. Special teams (mostly punting) bad. The offensive line should be better after some game film. Not like they got blown out losing by 10 on the road in basically their first game. I always come on Cyclonefanatic for some rational commentary after a loss! Have at it!

Reactions: Cyclonepride

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
The only problem is this was a winnable game. Iowa State is going to be an underdog in probably 5 of their next 6. Missed opportunities are basically the story of Iowa State and this is basically another one.

FredCyclone

Sep 30, 2017
I will give it to the Cyclones this week. Defense played great. Offense not so much. Special teams (mostly punting) bad. The offensive line should be better after some game film. Not like they got blown out losing by 10 on the road in basically their first game. I always come on Cyclonefanatic for some rational commentary after a loss! Have at it!

The lack of Live game practice did hurt the offense, you dont want your first game in IC.

Sep 13, 2015
The only problem is this was a winnable game. Iowa State is going to be an underdog in probably 5 of their next 6. Missed opportunities are basically the story of Iowa State and this is basically another one.
ISU fans' definition of "winnable game" = our defense played great but our offense sucked ass! You could give some credit to Iowa's D.

• Agree
Reactions: s_ford
Sep 13, 2015
Yeah but the team we lost to is not good. Iowa doesn't have a good offense and all they got on defense is a great line. Their secondary is nothing special. That's why this is a disappointing loss, because Iowa is not that good. We beat ourselves with horrible o-line play and bad play calling.
LOL. Beat yourselves. It's surprising that our poor secondary and humbled LB corps put the whip to your ass for 50+ minutes.

CloneLawman

Fortis Non Ferox
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Wherever I go, there I am.
ISU fans' definition of "winnable game" = our defense played great but our offense sucked ass! You could give some credit to Iowa's D.
So what's your ******* point, you needy whiny ***** of a Hokroach? Go to your own ******* board or at least restrain yourself to the in state rivals board. You're revealing how extremely classless the Iowa fan base truly is.

Furthermore, what you provided was no one's definition of a winnable game, but rather your crude caricature of the assessment of some on the board concerning causes of the loss.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2015
Imagine being this guy commenting on the other teams site
It happens over there too. It's just been 4 years and no one remembers. Sorry for the interruption. Y'all have a salty D. Perhaps have confidence that your O ran into a salty D and they'll make some plays against their conference foes. I shouldn't have gloated so freely, my apologies. Is it possible that Iowa has some players and you just got beat today in a tough road game?

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
It happens over there too. It's just been 4 years and no one remembers. Sorry for the interruption. Y'all have a salty D. Perhaps have confidence that your O ran into a salty D and they'll make some plays against their conference foes. I shouldn't have gloated so freely, my apologies. Is it possible that Iowa has some players and you just got beat today in a tough road game?
imagine typing this on a message board

Sep 13, 2015
It’s kinda like last year. One unit of our team player really bad and we lost to you guys. As the year goes on it proves to be an anomaly.
I have a different feel about this W. ISU is well coached and they have some studs. Particularly on defense. This will prove to be a good win for Iowa. There's no bad win in El Assico.

Sep 13, 2015
Your need for affirmation from Cyclone fans is glaring....you are the breathing definition of Little Brother.
Not quite. I work with so many ISU liberal arts grads who love talking about their engineering school. It's overwhelming in DSM. To rub it in anonymously is a treat. I get told how all Iowa fans are idiots who didn't go to Iowa by people who know I have a degree from Iowa. Like it's a bad thing for Iowa if non-college grads in this state follow Iowa moreso than ISU. Affirmation has nothing to do with it. I'll talk to them Monday. I'm trying to reach the whatever-holes I don't work with here. STFU about Iowa. The state has two fine universities (I sing the praises of ISU more than you might think) and one happens to be better at football.

Edit: I just read my post. Affirmation has something to do with it. I am going to buy an Iowa polo or button-up tomorrow so I can gloat in the office.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
Not quite. I work with so many ISU liberal arts grads who love talking about their engineering school. It's overwhelming in DSM. To rub it in anonymously is a treat. I get told how all Iowa fans are idiots who didn't go to Iowa by people who know I have a degree from Iowa. Like it's a bad thing for Iowa if non-college grads in this state follow Iowa moreso than ISU. Affirmation has nothing to do with it. I'll talk to them Monday. I'm trying to reach the whatever-holes I don't work with here. STFU about Iowa. The state has two fine universities (I sing the praises of ISU more than you might think) and one happens to be better at football.

Edit: I just read my post. Affirmation has something to do with it. I am going to buy an Iowa polo or button-up tomorrow so I can gloat in the office.

I wish I hadn't clicked on this thread.....so boring. You are boring and 2003 called and wants its parochial smack back.
And when I say 2003 called, I don't mean the year 2003 has this big cell phone that periods of time can communicate with....it was a metaphor.

• Funny
Reactions: CloneLawman