BCS Bowl Bids??

JohnnyDakota

Jun 9, 2010
I really think if we join the MAC we can go undefeated and win National Championships within 5 years.

Hear me out while I spew my crazy Hawk trolling garbage....

If we schedule a tough non conference schedule with the likes of Iowa, Florida State, Nebraska (cupcake UNI) and beat them we'll be 4-0 heading into conference play. DESTROY all of our MAC opponents. Now we're 12-0 going into the MAC Championship. Given our strength of schedule, our computer ranking will be around 1 or 2.
No way we are left out of the BCS Championship!
We won't have to play those tough teams every year, because our reputation will turn into Boise State/Gonzaga (basketball)

With basketball, we could be REALLY good. Look at Memphis, they are a "power" team in a weak conference. I could see our Clones do the same with Fred as our coach. We also wouldn't need to win the conference championship every year to make the Big Dance and compete for Sweet 16's. :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
There should be a ban for anyone mentioning the MAC. Not gonna happen.

The Mook

Jun 26, 2008
Ankeny, IA
www.twitter.com
Mulligan. :wacko:

Hopefully post #2 will be a much better effort. Maybe put the big dog back in the bag and try to put an iron in the fareway, because that first one went straight into the drink

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
funny-pictures-kitten-shoe-loled.jpg

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
If Iowa State ends up in the MAC or MWC, what makes you think we will still be able to recruit the level of talent we are currently getting? GUESS WHAT! We wont!

Fan support will drop, attendance will drop, donations will drop. Cuts will happen...no way ISU will be able to maintain the same athletic budget it does now in the MAC or MWC.

And this is just from the athletic side of things. Can you imagine the type of hit the university as a whole will take?

Last edited:

JohnnyDakota

Jun 9, 2010
Mulligan. :wacko:

Hopefully post #2 will be a much better effort. Maybe put the big dog back in the bag and try to put an iron in the fareway, because that first one went straight into the drink

What part is a mulligan?? Why could this not happen??

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
ball state started 2008 12-0, they were ranked #15, a National Championship is not really possible in the MAC, if they go to a (4) 16 team superconference we wont be allowed to play in a National Championship anyways so I guess it doesnt matter

JohnnyDakota

Jun 9, 2010
ball state started 2008 12-0, they were ranked #15, a National Championship is not really possible in the MAC, if they go to a (4) 16 team superconference we wont be allowed to play in a National Championship anyways so I guess it doesnt matter

They didn't have a nonconference schedule including wins over Iowa, Nebraska, and Florida State.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
So it is not possible to win the NC coming from the MAC. BFD. We couldn't do it from the Big 12 and sure as hell wouldn't be doing it from a 16 team superconference.

We should just quit ISU and become hawkeye fans.

JohnnyDakota

Jun 9, 2010
So it is not possible to win the NC coming from the MAC. BFD. We couldn't do it from the Big 12 and sure as hell wouldn't be doing it from a 16 team superconference.

We should just quit ISU and become hawkeye fans.

Easy buddy...don't jump off the cliff!! I'm just a Hawkeye troll baby!

It will be easier to win the MAC though. We will only have to win 3 tough non conference games to be in the discussion! We beat Neb last year. We have and will continue to beat Iowa. Came within a few points against FSU. You guys really don't get it do you??

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron