Baylor Details

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Player's response to his tweet:

CwgqGeCUkAAr6SR.jpg:large
I think he is a bit backpedaling. Just because he used the hashtag truth don't lie which is the art briles hashtag.

• Disagree
Reactions: StratCY

ExCyment

Jan 8, 2013
Crescent, IA

If this is what happened, I agree with what Briles is reported by the assistants to have said. This sort of thing should never be handled by a school or athletic department, it should always be passed off to the police. It is not okay to just report this sort of behavior to your boss, it is a criminal matter not an athletic department matter.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
http://newsok.com/article/5525778

This is why the entire coaching staff should've went before the season. Rip the band-aid off and you wouldn't have as much of this crap going on through the entire season.

Barry writes this in his piece:

It wouldn't surprise me if a Big 12 legal team has scoured the conference bylaws, trying to discover a loophole by which Baylor could be removed from the conference. Kick out Baylor, bring in Houston.

If it weren't for the regents taking a stand, the Big 12 might have tried that without bylaw support.

I don't really get the sense that the Big 12 has any interest in kicking out Baylor. They've been pretty quiet on the entire subject, other than a statement at one point about values. Baylor football remains a commodity and the Big 12 has so few of those right now. The conference is probably more interested in rehabilitating Baylor's image than they are kicking them out... especially after the conference made such a public botch of expansion.

I'm sure the Big 12's lawyers have been in prep mode just in case but right now it's probably just wishful thinking.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Barry writes this in his piece:

I don't really get the sense that the Big 12 has any interest in kicking out Baylor. They've been pretty quiet on the entire subject, other than a statement at one point about values. Baylor football remains a commodity and the Big 12 has so few of those right now. The conference is probably more interested in rehabilitating Baylor's image than they are kicking them out... especially after the conference made such a public botch of expansion.

I'm sure the Big 12's lawyers have been in prep mode just in case but right now it's probably just wishful thinking.

I'm betting that if the Big 12 could replace Baylor with Houston without recourse, they would jump at the chance. They should be hungry to paint the conference in a positive note.

However, right now the vehemence is all pointed towards Baylor, not the Big 12. My guess is that it would be a legal **** storm to dump Baylor, unless there is something really specific in the bylaws governing what occurred.

I doubt they are thinking about any rehabilitation of Baylor's public persona. There's no way they want to appear to back up Baylor's actions. The Big 12 is probably just distancing itself from the situation by not taking any public action right now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron