Barstool review of Casey's pizza

Cyclone.TV

Sep 3, 2016
Barstool, deadspin, and the other one that I’m forgetting are horrible. Bro-ey to the extreme.

• Agree
Reactions: Bigman38

cdnlngld

Feb 24, 2012
Ames, IA
Casey's pizza is great for what it is...... but the best in the state? Not by a long shot! And why in the hell wold you have him review breakfast pizza? I like the breakfast pizza, but lets be honest, it's not really pizza. Just because you throw it on a crust doesn't make it pizza. You also have to remember this guy comes from New York..... A place where there is superior pizza on almost every block. Of course he's going to think poorly of gas station pizza. I thought it was hilarious how the hawk fan was sooo sure this was going to be the best thing he has ever had.... only to be shot down when his dreams were shattered. Yes Portnoy is kind of an arrogant douche, but c'mon it's Casey's pizza!

• Winner
Reactions: KnappShack

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
Casey's pizza is great for what it is...... but the best in the state? Not by a long shot! And why in the hell wold you have him review breakfast pizza? I like the breakfast pizza, but lets be honest, it's not really pizza. Just because you throw it on a crust doesn't make it pizza. You also have to remember this guy comes from New York..... A place where there is superior pizza on almost every block. Of course he's going to think poorly of gas station pizza. I thought it was hilarious how the hawk fan was sooo sure this was going to be the best thing he has ever had.... only to be shot down when his dreams were shattered. Yes Portnoy is kind of an arrogant douche, but c'mon it's Casey's pizza!

I agree with ya. It is what it is....

But I do have to admit the mac n' cheese is a pretty good gimmick pizza.

Reactions: cdnlngld

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Interesting, I'm more of a papa johns/blaze guy.
Small town folk have bad taste because they love casey's pizza but papa john's is where it's at? I'm originally from one of those small towns with no other options and still get casey's pretty often even with all the other choices in Ames. Not a papa john's fan at all but I had a roommate who worked there when I was going to ISU so I'm sure I just ate it way too often and ruined it for life. Been meaning to try blaze since they opened but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
Small town folk have bad taste because they love casey's pizza but papa john's is where it's at? I'm originally from one of those small towns with no other options and still get casey's pretty often even with all the other choices in Ames. Not a papa john's fan at all but I had a roommate who worked there when I was going to ISU so I'm sure I just ate it way too often and ruined it for life. Been meaning to try blaze since they opened but haven't gotten around to it yet.
papa johns has a $7 large pizza deal, very clutch for a college student.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I agree with ya. It is what it is....

But I do have to admit the mac n' cheese is a pretty good gimmick pizza.

I never had the Mac and Cheese. Casey's specialties are where there strength is. That bacon cheesburger is fantastic and what a brilliant idea to make the sauce like they.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
It's not the best pizza in the world but compared to Papa Johns, Dominoes, or any other high volume pizza chain, it's far better.

Personally I think it all depends on what you want. I like Casey's taco, breakfast, bacon cheeseburger and some of their other specialties. My personal favorite altogether is Domino's philly cheesesteak pizza (okay now I'm hungry, good going). For a strait up pizza I like Papa Johns. This is all based on the high volume pizza chains anyway.
Now in college it was Domino's 3 medium pizzas for $9.99 or Home team huger huge, sometimes Gumby's or Papa Johns thrown in.

Help Support Us

Become a patron