Barnes Will Stay

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
Per Scott Van Pelt Twitter

"I'm hearing Harrison Barnes will stay @ UNC. Remarkable to keep all 3 - they are monster favorites. Lockout must have kids scared"

Not really surprising to me. UNC will definitely be one of the favorites next year.

Last edited:

alaskaguy

Apr 11, 2006
Who returns for Ohio State? I had read that Ohio State was the early favorite.

linkshero

May 22, 2008
Ames
Either Skype is down today and he can't make his announcement, or Lebron and Dwayne weren't available until later in the week......

Reactions: swarthmoreCY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Pretty safe to say Kentucky, UNC should be ready to dance pretty far in the tourney.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
UNC will win the title hands down next year. Mark it the 2 year curse.

Chizik, Cael, Barnes - two years to win a championship

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
North Carolina should be the heavy favorite. Kentucky's year will depend on on who stays and how good the freshman turn out to be so I think it is too early to say that Kentucky is a favorite. Ohio State returns 4 really good players and should win the big ten again. Also, Kemba Walker hasn't announced if he is going pro and UCONN has to be right there at the top if he decides to stay.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
North Carolina should be the heavy favorite. Kentucky's year will depend on on who stays and how good the freshman turn out to be so I think it is too early to say that Kentucky is a favorite. Ohio State returns 4 really good players and should win the big ten again. Also, Kemba Walker hasn't announced if he is going pro and UCONN has to be right there at the top if he decides to stay.

UConn honored Kemba at their Senior day...pretty sure he's gone.

psycln11

Apr 20, 2006
Ankeny
UNC will win the title hands down next year. Mark it the 2 year curse.

Chizik, Cael, Barnes - two years to win a championship

Nah.....It will be Creighton with McDermott!! :jimlad:

When does KJ win one in gymnastics at OU?? OU is the 3-seed going into the national tournament

Last edited:

Clones33

Jan 15, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Per Scott Van Pelt Twitter

"I'm hearing Harrison Barnes will stay @ UNC. Remarkable to keep all 3 - they are monster favorites. Lockout must have kids scared"

Not really surprising to me. UNC will definitely be one of the favorites next year.

SVP was at Agusta all last week. When I read that tweet, I just assumed he was catching up on all of the other sports news out there. I don't think SVP has many inside sources within CBB and thus don't think that him "hearing" something should be taken as fact. Now if Katz or Bilas or one of those types had tweeted that I would take it more seriously.

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
Not necessarily. Personally, I think he only "wins" if Barnes had decided when he made that call. Did he predict it? Yes. Did he know he was right at the time? I kind of doubt it.
And really....he had a 50% chance of getting it right. That's not the type of prediction that should bring big accolades.

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
If HB was really an "intelligent" business student he wouldn't be sticking around.

I don't blame him. College, and perhaps more specifically the college experience, is pretty important. If he wants to experience a little more of college before cashing in, I can't say I'd hold it against him.

Clones33

Jan 15, 2009
Ankeny, IA
If HB was really an "intelligent" business student he wouldn't be sticking around.

Or he thinks that staying in school with his buddies and having the strong possibly of winning a National Championship is worth the $5 Mil ish that he will miss out on for 1 year of his rookie contract.

He might also think that if he does stay in school and perform well it could actually improve his marketability and would result in a greater payday once he does turn pro.

There are a ton of factors and the right answer isn't ALWAYS 'turn pro'.