Barkley Hill from Cedar falls (Recruit)

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
I think his dad is LaMont Hill a former ISU wr from Detroit? maybe. He played wr but was built like a RB.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I've seen this guy play firsthand and he is the real deal. I have no doubt in my mind that he could be an excellent Big 12 feature back. (I guess OU agrees...) If we can land him, that would be huge.

cydeeps

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 7, 2010
LaMont Hill is not his dad, but he is the real deal. I have heard that he is VERY interested in iowa state.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
I've seen this guy play firsthand and he is the real deal. I have no doubt in my mind that he could be an excellent Big 12 feature back. (I guess OU agrees...) If we can land him, that would be huge.
Why do you think OU agrees--when they haven't offered him?

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
After watching his highlight video, I noticed he runs a lot like Stevie Hicks, very short steps which is great for change of direction but also very tall though the hole with high pads which means he must take a lot of big shots.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
After watching his highlight video, I noticed he runs a lot like Stevie Hicks, very short steps which is great for change of direction but also very tall though the hole with high pads which means he must take a lot of big shots.

I thought the same thing. Not a big deal to me, it can be fixed.

4MOOU

Dec 16, 2010
Coralville, IA
I've seen Barkley play several times. He is going to be a great back wherever he goes. He has size (6'0, about 200 pounds) and good field vision. Just as important: He hasn't had any character issues. Hope he makes the right choice.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I've seen Barkley play several times. He is going to be a great back wherever he goes. He has size (6'0, about 200 pounds) and good field vision. Just as important: He hasn't had any character issues. Hope he makes the right choice.

In all honesty he looks like a Nebraska I-Back from the 90's. Not a bad thing at all. However, if he is Stevie Hicks fast he will never make it. Hard to tell how fast he really is from the videos of him.

cydeeps

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 7, 2010
He is deceptively fast, a little bit like A-rob in his deceptiveness. His character is definitly not a problem. From what I am hearing oklahoma and iowa are both very close to offering.