Bama has to win

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
in order for Oklahoma to get to the title. I would love to see Bama vs OU. Offense of OU vs Bama D would be fun to watch. Still think Bama rolls them but it would be fun.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Maybe we're looking at this wrong - maybe we need Georgia to win something like 45-7 and Tua has a season-ending injury. Maybe that bumps Bama.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Probably why they need to expand playoff games

Absolutely they should.

But as long as the media gets what they want, we won't see the expansion.

We'll get the expansion whenever we get a crazy year when the media favorite big 10 and SEC somehow end up shut out, even if its clear that's what the outcome should be.

Win5002

Apr 20, 2010
If Bama loses the SEC CCG they might not get in this year. the difference this year OU doesn't have a bad loss where OSU had the bad loss to Iowa last year. I think they run a big risk of leaving 3 conference champs out and put 2 SEC teams in for the stability of the playoffs for the future and the tv ratings. For ratings not only would you have 2 SEC teams in but a 3rd southeast team in Clemson.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Probably why they need to expand playoff games

If we go to the 5 conference champions + 3 WC, I can make the case that Bama should get in as a wild card. Allowing them in the 4 team configuration when they don't even win the SEC is absurd.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
No Big 10, no Big 12, No Pac 12. A playoff with two SEC teams and effectively two ACC teams (since ND is tied to the hip with them). That will go over well with the rest of the Power 5.

When you put it that way, having both Alabama & Georgia in could be the spark we need for change. Especially with powerful programs like OU and tOSU that win their conference and get left out (assumed).

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
When you put it that way, having both Alabama & Georgia in could be the spark we need for change. Especially with powerful programs like OU and tOSU that win their conference and get left out (assumed).

Doubt it. Georgia and Bama both made the playoff last year and Bama didn't even play in the SEC title game that year. If there was an outcry over that, I missed it.