B-Ball "players only" meeting, as per ESPN article this afternoon.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Two things I noticed from the Mcgee highlight tape above, 1) We ran plays specifically to get Tyrus open (which I would like to see us do for Naz and MT this year) and 2) Tyrus was really good moving without the ball (which I would like to see Naz and MT get better at)

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Or better yet...

Tyrus-McGee-vs-UNI-2011_display_image.jpg

I do miss the feeling of knowing he was coming off the bench and that any deficit could be overcome once he started raining in 3s.

Cardinal2001

Feb 14, 2007
Ames
Two things I noticed from the Mcgee highlight tape above, 1) We ran plays specifically to get Tyrus open (which I would like to see us do for Naz and MT this year) and 2) Tyrus was really good moving without the ball (which I would like to see Naz and MT get better at)

Tyrus never stopped moving. He did laps on the offensive end.

It was the same thing at the practice I got to attend. Dude was a spark plug.

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
Thanks for the source, just thought it was odd to have Kane instead of Niang or Ejim and wasn't aware it came from the press conference. Not sure how asking that is going off the handle but not sure you were referring to me with that part of your post. I've been all for Bubu coming back since his acquittal.
Most quotes you read/hear come from postgame or weekly pressers. For me, the pressers are my number one source for Cyclone info during the week. Why read a Randy Peterson piece before watching the presser when that's his source of info? I couldn't care less about his twist on what was said. I'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Tyrus was a stone-cold killer, he was unbelievable. We just don't have the ability to spread the floor like last year ad it is showing. However our shooters are all very young at this point, they will develop the ice in their veins as their careers and development continue.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
[video=youtube;ZLpbf9HhOGw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLpbf9HhOGw[/video]
Three for McGee!!!

I'm not sure I'll ever see a three like the 1 at the 40 second mark again. Considering the opponent, stage and it was just in the flow of the game (not at the end in desperation mode).

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Most quotes you read/hear come from postgame or weekly pressers. For me, the pressers are my number one source for Cyclone info during the week. Why read a Randy Peterson piece before watching the presser when that's his source of info? I couldn't care less about his twist on what was said. I'd rather hear it from the horse's mouth.

I love how they lead the coaches with certain questions in order to fit a narrative they are thinking about writing, but the coaches usually don't bite.

Help Support Us

Become a patron