Available Football Transfers

boblaporte

Sep 4, 2013
Iowa
Assuming UAB does end its football program, aren’t players allowed to transfer without sitting out a year? Linebacker Jake Ganus, the team’s leading tackler is worth a look. UAB had a respectable team, losing to SEC’s Mississippi State by only 13 points.

Topshelf

Jan 31, 2007
Ames, IA
Actually was just going to post the same thing. I'm guessing UAB players would all get a waiver to play immediately since team was dropped.

I have no idea/time who would be worth going after or if we would have a shot at any or if we recruited any to begin with...

Would be worth a look.

CP44

Nov 27, 2006
Already been announced that they won't have to sit out a year

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
This has been discussed in another thread, but yes, there are a few guys that would help ISU including a center, a couple linebackers and a DL. I would be surprised if ISU would get anyone, as there are probably some schools closer to home that will come courting.

CloneinWDSM

Aug 9, 2013
I think we sign Braxton Miller as he is available to transfer ;)

I actually hear Baylor is one of the teams sniffing around for Braxton.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Paul Rhoads has only taken 1 transfer from another FBS school in his tenure. D'Vario Montgomery and Sam played a big role in Rhoads taking him. I highly doubt anyone transfers to ISU from another FBS school.

IST8CIVILENGR

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2011
Pittsburg, KS
Paul Rhoads has only taken 1 transfer from another FBS school in his tenure. D'Vario Montgomery and Sam played a big role in Rhoads taking him. I highly doubt anyone transfers to ISU from another FBS school.

Didn't we gave that DL from Wyoming, Ben Durbin I think his namewas, who transferred.

Last edited:

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

You're right but this may be a special circumstance with the UAB program getting axed. Having them eligible immediately is a big plus. I think they'll be UAB kids playing for lots of teams.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
During the Alabama game they said there were over 50 coaches already on UAB campus trying to get the players.

berther48

Jul 10, 2009
Sioux City, Iowa
Assuming UAB does end its football program, aren’t players allowed to transfer without sitting out a year? Linebacker Jake Ganus, the team’s leading tackler is worth a look. UAB had a respectable team, losing to SEC’s Mississippi State by only 13 points.

I e-mailed CPR on Dec.3rd about this matter, he said he and his staff are already on top of this. So everyone is trying to do some early Christmas shopping.

Last edited: