Aubrey Joens Transferring

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
If KF's parents were getting upset then they have a weird sense of what would happen after the transfer. Did they honestly expect the crowd to give her a standing O?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
If KF's parents were getting upset then they have a weird sense of what would happen after the transfer. Did they honestly expect the crowd to give her a standing O?
They could have expected what was going to happen and even warned their daughter about it when she was considering Iowa. That doesn't mean they have to like it when it happens.

I expected that some coaches and parents would cross the line when my daughter trained to be a referee. That doesn't mean that my blood doesn't boil when a fan or coach abuses my daughter. She's my daughter.

Last edited:

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
NIL and the impact it is having on college sport transfers is a tough thing to take, but transferring college is not just a student athlete thing. Even among non-athletes I think the transfer rate is around 30%.

So I have a tough time blaming Kylie, Aubrey or any athlete for transferring. They could be unhappy with their sport situation, academically or socially. We only get the chance to be an undergrad once, so why not try to have a great experience!

Of course like all decisions in life, even the best thought through don't always work out. But I doubt they will regret taking a risk to make a change.

Choosing the UofI is never a good choice
(Unless you want to be a Dr.)

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
KF barely got some muted boos when Iowa came to town and she didn't have a beloved sister playing here so I don't think anything will happen with Aubrey.
Why would any Iowa State fan ever even consider booing Aubrey? She's under 6' tall and we have two 1st team AC guards in her class. You can't blame her for wanting to play more.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Iowa got a solid one in Haluska in mbb. But Frese I believe made more of a lasting impact than Haluska did. The Iowa teams Adam was on was more about Horner and Bruener.

That yr was classic if I remember right chants of traitor when Haluska had the ball and Rapist and no means no when Pierce(?) Had the ball. Good times in Hilton

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
Why would any Iowa State fan ever even consider booing Aubrey? She's under 6' tall and we have two 1st team AC guards in her class. You can't blame her for wanting to play more.
I agree, but will she get to play more at OU?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Why is that any of our concern? Do you think she went there to play less?

Agree, this isn't a want to go somewhere and maybe play less and get to win sort of thing. She's got three years if she wants them and there's no reason to think she'll play less. I won't be surprised if a change of scenery did wonders for her and hope it does.

Reactions: ISU71

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Daughter said the student section was riding KF quite a bit. Chatting traitor at her. She also said the parents were getting ticked. So I got a different report about what happened at that game.
College age kids talking smack- who would have thunk! I guess you have never been to a college game. where IU fans cursed at ISU band students. :rolleyes:

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
College age kids talking smack- who would have thunk! I guess you have never been to a college game. where IU fans cursed at ISU band students. :rolleyes:
Did I say it was odd, wrong, right, or anything at all? I’ve been at games where fights broke out in crowds and games were stopped so I’ve seen about everything. I was just correcting the idea that nothing will happen or that KF didn’t have anything yelled at her.

Help Support Us

Become a patron