ATM into Final!

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
ATM upset (sort of) #1 seed Stanford 63-62 on a layup with 3 seconds left to make the National title game. The lead changed 5 times in the final minute. Quite a game!

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Yeah, Gary Blair already owns Kansas City.

How do you believe he owns KC? He has two girls on the squad from there and he would not have had Adams if her grades had of been good enough to right out of high school. She was going to Missouri but had to go the JUCO route and the two years there let her see how bad MO was.

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Blair can recruit the players he needs, and, this run won't hurt. Right now, (half in the finals) A&M is not looking as sharp as they have the last couple of games. Play smart, play hard, get one for the Big12!

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
And aTm wins the championship.

I cracked up when my dad texted me "It seems strange seeing A&M win something" a minute ago:laugh:

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Great game...nice seeing teams actually scoring in a championship game!

Gary Blair did a great job, and his girls played tough nosed BB. Congrats to him and aTm!

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
congrats to ATM. Happy for them. They played tough and deserved it. Played three tough games in a row. Glad to see the Big 12 bring home the Championship.

simville02

Mar 25, 2009
What a game! It was pretty much back and forth for most of the game. It was very physical, which is probably to be expected with A&M. Tyra White has performed at a very high level lately. I was definitely nervous for A&M when Colson picked up her third foul early in the first half. Luckily she made it through the game and helped control the ball for the Aggies in a way someone else wouldn't have been able to. That said, the backup didn't do all that bad and kept them in the game while Colson was out.

Of course, Danielle Adams had a breakout game compared to the past couple. She played hard and took shots she knew she could make.

It was interesting to watch the game progress. It was definitely sloppy in the beginning, especially for Notre Dame, but after a few minutes things settled down and some great basketball ensued. These teams really seemed to match up well.

And for the record, I still don't like the player interviews at half and the coaches interviews after timeouts.

Anyway, Congrats, Texas A&M!

When does basketball start again? :smile:

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
And for the record, I still don't like the player interviews at half and the coaches interviews after timeouts.

I agree. It's ridiculous that they were holding up the game waiting for the interview with Gary Blair to be over so they could shoot free throws.

Interviews with the coaches at the half is more than enough for me. As a player if they asked me for an interview during the game, I would politely decline.

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
How do you believe he owns KC? He has two girls on the squad from there and he would not have had Adams if her grades had of been good enough to right out of high school. She was going to Missouri but had to go the JUCO route and the two years there let her see how bad MO was.

And he would not have had Tyra White if not for a coaching change at LSU. Not a bad way to pick up a top 20 recruit. The point was that while it should help recruiting for the conference, and while we all talk about going down to Texas for recruits, he picks up two girls from KC and wins a National Championship with them the key scorers.

With regard to only two from KC, last year's team leader, Tanisha Smith was also from KC. That may have had something to do with here ending up there as they played on the same AAU team.

For Adams, she finally gets an end of the year championship. She lost out in the national championship game in juco, and her sophomore year in high school (a game that Heather Ezell took over for her Kickapoo team). I'll always remember the substate game the next year when another future ISU player, Anna Florzak, ended Lee's Summit's season. Florzak, normally covered the point, but she spent the whole game fronting and frustrating Danielle, leading to the win for Notre Dame de Sion.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
And he would not have had Tyra White if not for a coaching change at LSU. Not a bad way to pick up a top 20 recruit. The point was that while it should help recruiting for the conference, and while we all talk about going down to Texas for recruits, he picks up two girls from KC and wins a National Championship with them the key scorers.

With regard to only two from KC, last year's team leader, Tanisha Smith was also from KC. That may have had something to do with here ending up there as they played on the same AAU team.

For Adams, she finally gets an end of the year championship. She lost out in the national championship game in juco, and her sophomore year in high school (a game that Heather Ezell took over for her Kickapoo team). I'll always remember the substate game the next year when another future ISU player, Anna Florzak, ended Lee's Summit's season. Florzak, normally covered the point, but she spent the whole game fronting and frustrating Danielle, leading to the win for Notre Dame de Sion.

Royal you seem to know the KC area, so can you tell me what schools the top 10 seniors are going to be at this fall?

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Royal you seem to know the KC area, so can you tell me what schools the top 10 seniors are going to be at this fall?

Arson is more up on the current group. I knew the players around Adams' and White's time better because I was watching Lee's Summit's games a lot while Danielle was there. She was that good, but did not get as much credit as she deserved because of her weight and grades.

There were five nominees for the DiRenna Award this year which is voted on by the area coaches as the best player in the metro area.

DeShawn Harden (St. Thomas Aquinas) was considered the best by most in the area, and it was a surprise that she did not win the DiRenna Award. She is headed to Oklahoma.

Instead, KU recruit Natalie Knight (Olathe South) was a repeat winner of the award as the area's top player. She had three uncles play for KU (for those of you who go back to the 70's, one of them was the late Danny Knight), so no surprise there.

Of course, ISU got Brynn Williamson (Staley). She 1st team all-state, but was not a DiRenna nominee. Brynn did wear the same dress as Knight to the award dinner: Knight repeats as girls DiRenna winner - KansasCity.com

Her teammate and MU recruit, Bree Fowler was a nominee.

The other two nominees Cee Cee Burris (Blue Springs) is undeclared as far as I know, and Taylor Johnson (Platte County and sister of Iowa's Morgan Johnson) is going to Creighton.

Another name, Jaemisa Price from Blue Springs is going to St. Louis U, but that's about all I know for this year's class.

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Arson is more up on the current group. I knew the players around Adams' and White's time better because I was watching Lee's Summit's games a lot while Danielle was there. She was that good, but did not get as much credit as she deserved because of her weight and grades.

There were five nominees for the DiRenna Award this year which is voted on by the area coaches as the best player in the metro area.

DeShawn Harden (St. Thomas Aquinas) was considered the best by most in the area, and it was a surprise that she did not win the DiRenna Award. She is headed to Oklahoma.

Instead, KU recruit Natalie Knight (Olathe South) was a repeat winner of the award as the area's top player. She had three uncles play for KU (for those of you who go back to the 70's, one of them was the late Danny Knight), so no surprise there.

Of course, ISU got Brynn Williamson (Staley). She 1st team all-state, but was not a DiRenna nominee. Brynn did wear the same dress as Knight to the award dinner: Knight repeats as girls DiRenna winner - KansasCity.com

Her teammate and MU recruit, Bree Fowler was a nominee.

The other two nominees Cee Cee Burris (Blue Springs) is undeclared as far as I know, and Taylor Johnson (Platte County and sister of Iowa's Morgan Johnson) is going to Creighton.

Another name, Jaemisa Price from Blue Springs is going to St. Louis U, but that's about all I know for this year's class.

Thanks for the info