At least 9 threads...

aforstate

Jan 23, 2010
At least 9 active Cyclone threads right now between HR and HN. At least they don't care, right? Haven't seen much trolling yet so that is a bonus, I guess.

kas4cy

Sep 11, 2011
Iowa City, IA
Nice to see that nobody in their fan base cares about our rivalry as some claim...

Actually, some of the ones on HN are just sad. Some of them (as well as some cyclones on our board) seem to be under the impression that 6-7 is not a good season. Honestly, sound like a buch of spoiled children... 6 wins and going to a bowl game means you had a pretty good season, especially if you had to play a schedule like ours.

AllIowaTeams

Jun 10, 2010
Grimes
Nice to see that nobody in their fan base cares about our rivalry as some claim...

Actually, some of the ones on HN are just sad. Some of them (as well as some cyclones on our board) seem to be under the impression that 6-7 is not a good season. Honestly, sound like a buch of spoiled children... 6 wins and going to a bowl game means you had a pretty good season, especially if you had to play a schedule like ours.

This is coming from a Hawk fan...HN is a poorly run site. You can't post anything slightly negative without getting banned. I suggested that maybe it was time for a different direction with the football coaching, and I was banned tonight. I didn't swear, I didn't personally attack anyone, and I didn't attack the players. I simply suggested that I was tired of the same old, same old, and was ready for some fresh faces in the program. Somehow that equals a ban. OK, end rant, back to your post...even most of the posters on there are total homers. I watched the ISU game at the Ankeny BWW with a couple of my ISU friends, and happily rooted for ISU. (Although I was annoyed that the Iowa Steele Jantz has never shown back up :) HN is just a bunch of Cyclone haters hiding behind their user names, and attacking the Clones for every little thing. I realize there are plenty of people on this site (mike m, mikeiastat, jambalaya, cyphillis, etc.) that do the same thing, but for the most part there are far more reasonable posters on here. This is why I have posted more on CF than HN despite being on each site an equal amount of time. I guess I'm just really annoyed that you can get banned from a site for posting an opinion that the owner of the site doesn't like. That seems incredibly fascist to me, but whatever. I graduated from the University of Iowa with my BBA and MBA, and have given them well over 100K when you factor in tuition, money spent on campus, donations, ticket purchases, etc. and then I get banned from HN because I'm frustrated with the direction of the football program. Awesome.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

It's funny because they think that going 7-6 with a bowl loss makes their season so much better than our season with a 6-7 record with a bowl loss. Paste another UL-Monroe cupcake on our schedule like they had and we end up with the same record.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
This is coming from a Hawk fan...HN is a poorly run site. You can't post anything slightly negative without getting banned. I suggested that maybe it was time for a different direction with the football coaching, and I was banned tonight. I didn't swear, I didn't personally attack anyone, and I didn't attack the players. I simply suggested that I was tired of the same old, same old, and was ready for some fresh faces in the program. Somehow that equals a ban. OK, end rant, back to your post...even most of the posters on there are total homers. I watched the ISU game at the Ankeny BWW with a couple of my ISU friends, and happily rooted for ISU. (Although I was annoyed that the Iowa Steele Jantz has never shown back up :) HN is just a bunch of Cyclone haters hiding behind their user names, and attacking the Clones for every little thing. I realize there are plenty of people on this site (mike m, mikeiastat, jambalaya, cyphillis, etc.) that do the same thing, but for the most part there are far more reasonable posters on here. This is why I have posted more on CF than HN despite being on each site an equal amount of time. I guess I'm just really annoyed that you can get banned from a site for posting an opinion that the owner of the site doesn't like. That seems incredibly fascist to me, but whatever. I graduated from the University of Iowa with my BBA and MBA, and have given them well over 100K when you factor in tuition, money spent on campus, donations, ticket purchases, etc. and then I get banned from HN because I'm frustrated with the direction of the football program. Awesome.
good post AllIowa......

I was banned under another username on the old HawkeyeNation or whatever the Rival's site was called 10 years ago by Jon Miller.

They had a 'prediction' board, and I was fairly tame, arguing over some facts and predictions with some posters, and the l#mp-D#ck banned me.

was a blessing......and the ban was carried over with Kakert--who is just as bad.

Kakert lets the same 4-5 Hawkeye a-holes on their Rivalry smack board run amuck and run the show, while he bans Cyclone posters instead for far less egregious posts

tm3308

Jun 13, 2010
I wish these threads would go away. It's pathetically obvious that many Iowa fans are in denial when it comes to Iowa State. This is a rivalry. For me, it's more of a friendly rivalry, but a rivalry nonetheless.

all2matt

Mar 6, 2011
if you want more sensible talk IOWA.SCOUT is the way better option, even as a hawk fan I dont read that site

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I wish these threads would go away. It's pathetically obvious that many Iowa fans are in denial when it comes to Iowa State. This is a rivalry. For me, it's more of a friendly rivalry, but a rivalry nonetheless.

Nicely said

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron