Assistant Coach Search

Cyclonefanwill3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 18, 2011
Has there been any news on the possible replacements?

Last edited:

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Re: Assistant Ciach Search

One thing coaches do now is tell someone they are gonna be hired and allow them to recruit while they are not "employed". Huggins is the master of this. That way the coaches can make contact with the recruits when everone else can't.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Did everyone get their d-bag fix for today? Okay, let's move on.

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
I'm gonna apply. Yolo. Next 3 posters are my references.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Ok. So for some reason I was thinking about this last night. I convinced myself that promoting Matt Abdelmassih to Associate Head Coach is a good move. I am also okay with promoting Charlie Henry but not from Director of Player Development to Associate Head Coach. That'd be a major promotion and he'd jump both Abdelmassih and Cornell Mann, which I think would be unfair to MA and CM. MA gets the nod over CM because of his recruiting skills.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Ok. So for some reason I was thinking about this last night. I convinced myself that promoting Matt Abdelmassih to Associate Head Coach is a good move. I am also okay with promoting Charlie Henry but not from Director of Player Development to Associate Head Coach. That'd be a major promotion and he'd jump both Abdelmassih and Cornell Mann, which I think would be unfair to MA and CM. MA gets the nod over CM because of his recruiting skills.

Does this mean we're finally over the Abdelmassih can't recruit thing? Thank God

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
Re: Assistant Ciach Search

Hope to hear something soon. We have the talent, now we just need an assistant. Any rumors out there?

Only that Charlie Henry would appear to be the front runner, but not much besides that.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
So that is what the discussions with Golden State were all about. He was actually interviewing Mark Jackson.

Yep, it's been in the works for a long time. Fred put it in his ear a few months ago that he should try to **** off management by randomly firing staff all in order to get fired, get his buyout and come to Iowa State.