Arnaud for Heisman?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Tebow is pretty clearly in a league of his own, imo. Stats, aside. The kid can basically do it all. His game possesses no glaring weakness, and with his size, speed, power running, cannon arm and brains, I really wouldn't take Chase Daniel, Sam Bradford, or Mark Sanchez ahead of him. As far as Sanchez and Bradford go, its hard for me not to think that about 75% of their success is due to the crap-ton of talent around them. I'm not sure a guy like Arnaud (very competent, but not quite a world beater) would look any worse.

Reactions: Clonegrad07

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Quite honestly, who cares about a QB's 40 time anyway? If the 40 was what mattered at QB, then explain why Montana, Marino, and Elway are all time greats.

What matters for a QB is his arm, his hand, and his head. His arm because he needs to have a cannon in some situations, his hand because he needs to have touch in other situations, and his head because he needs a great mind in ALL situations. Having legs is an added benefit, but even a QB with an upper 4. 40 can escape a rush in time if he feels it - and once again, that's more a mental aspect, not necessarily a physical one.

I think that's also the difference between Arnaud and Bates right now. For sure Bates is the better athlete, but Arnaud has him in the arm and the head category. What we've learned about him in the last 4 weeks, however, is he certainly does need work in the touch category, however.

Back to Tebow - is he top 3? I'd argue yes. Certainly top 5.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron