Anyone watching Prime's Hanna?

coyoteclone

Jan 7, 2009
Caught the first 4 installments.....just too many things happening without explanation. Baby Hanna taken by father to forest and the next scene shows a 15 year old girl bringing down a deer.. How the hell did dad feed the baby in a cave hundreds of miles from nearest town? Where did dad get the soup laddle shown in one scene?
I rate what I have seen as a weak 2.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
I'm through 2 episodes so far. I've managed to ignore the holes, telling myself he must have had the cave setup ahead of time.

I really like the 2 main actors. They were fantastic in the killing and have been good so far.

I'll finish out the season and enjoy it as an action film rather than an every detail matters type of show.

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Caught the first 4 installments.....just too many things happening without explanation. Baby Hanna taken by father to forest and the next scene shows a 15 year old girl bringing down a deer.. How the hell did dad feed the baby in a cave hundreds of miles from nearest town? Where did dad get the soup laddle shown in one scene?
I rate what I have seen as a weak 2.

It's based on the movie which was pretty good, so maybe they assumed people already knew much of the story?

• Agree
Reactions: isufbcurt

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
It's based on the movie which was pretty good, so maybe they assumed people already knew much of the story?

Been meaning to take a look since I sorta liked the movie especially the total social ineptness of teen Hanna turned loose on the world. Thought it begged a sequel at the time but don't think it was as well received generally as it was by me. Had assumed this picked where the story left off?

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
I'm through the first 4, and I really enjoy it so far. The actors are perfect for their roles. Of course, I also must suspend disbelief, but that's pretty much standard with any shows like this.

JaCyn

Mar 18, 2017
Liked the movie, but after 2 episodes I just couldnt get into it.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
Watched the first two episodes last night. I liked it enough to keep going. Now that they're out of the woods (no pun intended) it should be more interesting.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Started watching tonight and kinda disappointed to see this is just a reimaging of the movie which seems sorta of a waste. Was hoping it was a continuation not a drawn out rehash. Don't get the need to make a seven version of a story that told in 2 hours earlier this decade. :( BTW, Cate Blanchett played the cold blooded ***** Marissa better than the women playing her in this serial version.

Probably bailing on this.

Reminds me a little of how someone determined Nikita and the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo also needed redoes almost immediately after the originals.

Last edited:

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I looked at the preview and it looked bad, so no. Sounds like a wise decision.

May check out Good Omens when that comes out though.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I liked the original movie (And the cast was outstanding - young Saoirse Ronan, Eric Bana, and Cate Blanchett). The movie was good. Here's my question - after the good movie, which just came out 8 years ago, who was beating down the door for more of this story?

Side note - I honestly don't get Amazon's TV plans at all. I'll be forever grateful for them getting the Expanse again, but shows like this just confuse me. I don't know why it exists. I don't know why they spent so much money on LoTR rights just to give us young Aragorn, another thing that I don't know who was beating down the door for it. In 5 years I just don't see Apple and Prime making shows anymore. I can't see how it's possibly worth it for them. I think we're at peak TV right now.

It's the lack of imagination and risk taking that dominates TV and Hollywood. Remakes and "return of" II, III, IV and V are the path of least resistance. Prepare for Fast and Furious XII in a theater near you soon and another 10 seasons of Walking Dead ! :rolleyes:

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
Haven’t started this one. Got through The Widow and Tin Star on Prime. Tin Star was waaaay better than I was expecting it to be going in.