Anyone on here from Detroit?

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Im going to be in the Detroit area this weekend with some other Clone fans for a wedding. Is there any sort of Cyclone club up there? Does anyone know where we can watch the game? (Without getting shot of course)

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
I do live in the Detroit area.

No Alumni club here, or an active one that is.

Where are you guys staying? Most of the fun revolves around a few areas outside the city, unless there is a Tigers or Lions game.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
If anyone was, do you really think they would admit it?

That was my first thought. That is like coming on here and asking "Does anybody suck so bad at life they are in Detroit and can't find a way to make it out of there?"

On a side note, a couple years ago somebody with the Sacramento Kings did a video showing beautiful metropolitan Detroit. The Kings were hosting the Pistons to start the season, after Detroit had just won the NBA Finals. The video was absolutely classic, they played it during pregame. Needless to say, the guy got fired because the NBA doesn't have a sense of humor, but I bet the guy still thinks it was worth it.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
That was my first thought. That is like coming on here and asking "Does anybody suck so bad at life they are in Detroit and can't find a way to make it out of there?"

Really?? I'd recommend visiting the area before making uneducated judgments.

I moved to Detroit for work after ISU and I can guarantee I am doing much better at life than you.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Really?? I'd recommend visiting the area before making uneducated judgments.

I moved to Detroit for work after ISU and I can guarantee I am doing much better at life than you.

Ok. FYI I have visited the area. Once. That was quite enough. While there may be some fine parts to the Detroit Area, Detroit itself is in my opinion the worst city in America. Or at least tied with New Orleans, and that was pre-Katrina even.

Besides the urban blight, and houses selling for $1, one only needs to look at the politicians that Detroit elects to represent them. Have you ever watched their city council in action? The mayor just had to admit to some crimes and step down before he was removed from office.

I congratulate you on your success. I am not quite sure how you know how it compares to mine, but if you are indeed doing better, good show!!! I am very happy for you and hope that it continues into the future.

I have been to Detroit and will continue to bag on it though, as well as the rest of the state of Michigan. While there are some good people there, for sure, and some very beautiful places, on the whole I just don't particularly like that state. Just my opinion.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Sorry, didn't mean to open that can of worms, just want to be able to watch the game somewhere. We are staying in Cointon (sp?) Township and the Maccomb (sp?) area. Thanks for the help.

motownclone

Aug 7, 2006
All the Detroit bashing aside...
I will be at the UNLV game this week. I live on the other side of town, but there is Buffalo Wild Wings in Clinton Twp. that I have done some work with. They are always pretty good about putting any game that you want on the TV.
The store is located at:

15745 15 Mile Rd.
Clinton Township

Enjoy your visit to the Motor City!