Anyone heading to Nebraska?

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I've got tickets to the game and am excited for my first trip to Lincoln. Anyone else going?

Planning on leaving Ames at 7 a.m. and taking I-80 all the way, is that the best way to go?

Any other suggestions would be great!

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX
FG and I are going with 3 other people, and meeting up with a friend of mine from work who goes to NU. Probably going to do the same thing as you, leave early in the morning since it's a 1:30 game. If it was at 11, we probably would go over the night before.

And I think "Go West on I-80" are the only set of directions you need.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Lot of people tailgate on top of downtown buildings. On 10th street south of stadium there is a parking garage in between Holiday Inn and Embassy Suites. They have sold several permits to people, but it never fills at the blue sky top on the 7th floor. If you get to the garage 4 hours ahead, you can get in for $18. Now you say what is the advantage. You are 4 blocks from the game and you can easily watch their big scoreboard and watch the game and use the car radio. Good place for those people who do not have tickets. Band usually plays before the game at Embassy Suites and you can watch from the top of the garage.

Tickets being sold by panhandlers are available and usually get cheaper closer to game time.

Coming to the game on Interstate and then 27th is best. O St also comes in as a highway from the east also.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Check out the haymarket area at night. Some good bars there. Bruskies and Lazlos to name a couple. Four of us I Staters will be there.

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I'm still waiting to hear from a friend at NU if she found a student ticket for me or not. I hope so!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Watch out for their big student Red Power flag that they drag over the head of the students. JP needs to order one up for our Clone STUDENT fan section: Cyclone power.

clonefromNE

SuperFanatic
Oct 27, 2006
Boston
I along with three other Cyclone fans (and ISU students) will be making the trek to Lincoln for the game. We have pretty good seats as they are from an Nebraska employer...little did they know they would be seating 4 ISU fans in gold!

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Three of us are going and the 4th is the husband of the gal we got our tickets through. Plus 2 others coming along for the fun. Although not sure the RV is coming. Right now our best option is paying $75 to park it by the baseball stadium and that is a pretty steep price to pay for a few hours of tailgating not to mention all the gas we'd put in it to get there and back.

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
My girlfriend, my friend from Lincoln and his dad, and I are going. His dad used to do play-by-play radio broadcasts for the local radio station in Lincoln, so it will be interesting to see his take on the Huskers.

We are leaving as soon as work gets out on Friday and then staying until Sunday. I think his dad is going to bring his camper and we are tailgating after the game for a few hours and watching some more games.

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
I am in. We are going to smoke those guys. I can't wait. We'll be partying in Lincoln Friday night and at the Ebassy Suites pregame.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
I'll be in Memorial Stadium Saturday,first time there so I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully we can pull out the win.

CYKO TY

Nov 13, 2006
West Des Moines
Anyone heading to Lincoln Saturday?

My buddy and I scored two awesome seats for Saturday's game, 38 rows from the field on the 45 yard line (Section 7). I have never been to Memorial Stadium so I am really excited to experience the college football environment in Lincoln. I just hope STATE can shock the Bugeaters and their faithful. :unsure:

Last edited:

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I could get tickets free but won't... Something about my job and the 'appearance of inpropriety' :realmad:
Absent the free tix I will be headed to DSM to hang with the inlaws... :dull:

Fatsow

Nov 22, 2006
This will be my first trip! We will be leaving Clive around 4am. Want to get there early and beat the rush. I am hoping we witness history!!