Anyone else love homeade ice cream?

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Wife got an ice cream maker for bday. Anyone got an kick-***** ice cream recipes like mom used to make?

Reactions: keepngoal

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Yes. Like it a lot.

ChrisIceCreamMaker3.jpg

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Used to, but for some reason, ice cream messes with me the past couple years. I love the taste, but just can't keep it down. :sad: (as a side note: I don't drink milk either, ever since getting a carton of sour milk in 2nd grade)

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Wife got an ice cream maker for bday. Anyone got an kick-***** ice cream recipes like mom used to make?

Peach snoops makes a great addition to fresh peach ice cream, be careful, too much snoops and it does not freeze well.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I know alot of folks that won't eat it because many recipes use raw eggs.

I do love it myself.

The homemade ice cream we make is just sugar, half and half, and whole milk, with some vanilla extract. I don't want the raw eggs in it either. So we use that base, and then flavor it with whatever we are in the mood for. Kids love it.

yoteforever

Dec 24, 2008

12 eggs
3 cups sugar
1 quart 1/2 and 1/2
1 pint whipping cream
6 cups D milk
2 tablespoon vanilla extract
6 hershey bars

Beat eggs......add milk.......1/2 and 1/2.........and whipping cream

Once mixed thoroughly add the sugar and vanilla extract...........add pinch of salt

Chop Hershey bars

Put concoction in ice cream aker and turn on. Listen for the motor to "pull down" some, then stop it and add crushed Hershey bars...finish out till it locks up

This is the best CHOCOLATE CHIP ice cream made ever at home. 75 year family recipe

kilgore_trout

Nov 10, 2006
Madison, WI

Love it! Hard to mess up homemade ice cream if use use the best ingredients (e.g., use real vanilla extract or an actual vanilla bean instead of that imitation stuff) and remember to put the beater in the ice cream tub before you turn it on...

bugs4cy

Jun 7, 2009
Story County
I'm not a big gadget person, but I do have the Cuisinart ice cream maker. Freeze the bowl and it makes the frozen goodness lickety-split. We bought it so we could control the amount of sugar. And yes, we use raw eggs as necessary.

I worked in the livestock industry long enough to know that nothing from DeCoster is going in my mouth - - our eggs come from our neighbors.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
12 eggs
3 cups sugar
1 quart 1/2 and 1/2
1 pint whipping cream
6 cups D milk
2 tablespoon vanilla extract
6 hershey bars

Beat eggs......add milk.......1/2 and 1/2.........and whipping cream

Once mixed thoroughly add the sugar and vanilla extract...........add pinch of salt

Chop Hershey bars

Put concoction in ice cream aker and turn on. Listen for the motor to "pull down" some, then stop it and add crushed Hershey bars...finish out till it locks up

This is the best CHOCOLATE CHIP ice cream made ever at home. 75 year family recipe

no snow?