Any Oakland Raiders Fans??

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
This is the first season since Campbell went down with a broken collar bone that that I feel Oakland can really compete in the division. Not calling for a division win or anything but I think this team can pull off 9 wins.

I think Mack is going to be a beast and glad he's getting to come in and learn under some vets.

It's the off season and times are slow so why not....... Daaa RAIDERSSSSSSSSSSS

:smile:

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
I think they'll be better than last year, but I still see them 4th in the division. They won't beat Denver, and I doubt they do better than split with KC and SD.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I honestly think the Division could end up:

1. DEN
2. OAK
3. SD
4. KC

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
If RUN DMC and MJD can get rolling a bit that is going be a tough 1 2 starting punch. Add in Reese and you have about as dynamic of a backfield as you are going to find this year. Add that with a improved o-line and Matty has a play action passers dream!!

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
How does Oakland have Matt Schaub and MJD? This team would win the division if they played in the AFC South!

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I think they'll be better than last year, but I still see them 4th in the division. They won't beat Denver, and I doubt they do better than split with KC and SD.

I agree with this. I've been a Raider fan since they had Kenny Stabler and the last few years under Al Davis were pretty painful. I think it will be a year of two before that get all of Al's bonehead moves cleaned up. At least they should be watchable this year.

Any of you Raider fans ever been to a home game?

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
Did I fall back into the 1980s?!

Sorry, bad joke. As a Niners fan, we had some rough time we've finally dug our way out of. I'd love to see the Raiders do it too. Always a fun little intra-conference rivalry.

StormnClone58

Jan 24, 2008
West Des Moines
Another fan here ... While this years team looks alot more promising than it has in recent years i still think they do no better than 3rd in the division ... If im not mistaken they play the toughest schedule this year ... Their first 3 picks from this last draft should be starters but i think they'll let carr sit and learn ...

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
How does Oakland have Matt Schaub and MJD? This team would win the division if they played in the AFC South!

Sarcasm? I'll pretend you're being serious. 1st. Schaub and MJD aren't the players they were a few years ago. 2nd. Even if the Raiders were in the south the Colts would still win the division.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
Raider fan here. I think we're still a year out from being competitive.

Went to a game about ten years ago. Sunday night vs Chiefs. Pretty sure it was the opener and Randy Moss's debut. He had an amazing TD catch right in front of us.

I was going to buy a new Raiders shirt at the game. We got off the subway and my wife was acting kind of nervous. I jokingly said don't worry these are my people. About 5 minutes later I said ok I'm not sure these are my people and I think we need to get shirts ASAP to show we're friendly. The people they show on TV in the black hole are the normal ones based on my experience.

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
Another fan here ... While this years team looks alot more promising than it has in recent years i still think they do no better than 3rd in the division ... If im not mistaken they play the toughest schedule this year ... Their first 3 picks from this last draft should be starters but i think they'll let carr sit and learn ...

This is true

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Schedule is brutal. All 3 in division teams made the playoffs and we have the NFC West.

McKenzie and Allen will get it done, just need to give them this season and next.

BringBackJohnny

Feb 11, 2009
Ames
I think Oakland will finish ahead of KC and SD and be on the bubble for the Wild Card. That could just be really blind hope though.

Help Support Us

Become a patron