Any new groups out there to look for in 2010?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
Mike Posner will hit the scene and blow up in 2010. You heard it hear first. He's currently a senior at duke, does some hip hop, but also does other genres, and his covers of songs by the fray and john mayer are legit.

EddieISU

Aug 16, 2008
Waukee "The Key", iowa
Mike Posner will hit the scene and blow up in 2010. You heard it hear first. He's currently a senior at duke, does some hip hop, but also does other genres, and his covers of songs by the fray and john mayer are legit.
Making his way by making covers of the fray and john mayer don't impress me and then throw in the hip hop.....oh boy, he's the Fred Durst of 2010. Sorry not trying to be a total jerk. I'm looking for something new and original.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Desperately in need of some new, original music to listen to in 2010. Any upcoming or under the radar groups with releases this year?

They've existed since like 1991, but they never really got any radio play of any kind until last year (hahaha..last year, 2009).

Porcupine Tree. Honestly, awesome band. Pretty much never heard anything bad from them in like over 6 albums.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
I dunno about new bands, but I do know that TOOL is back in the studios but who knows when that one will be coming out. Also Trent Reznor posted on the Nine Inch Nails site that despite NIN being done and over, there will be new NIN material coming out this year as well as non-NIN Reznor material.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Ditto.

Hasbeen

Apr 3, 2006
Green River Ordinance. First saw them on the Rock Boat last January and have seen them a couple more times in Des Moines, met them a few times as well. Great kids that are starting to get some air play around the country.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron