Another reason I like Pollard

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Send him an email on something and the guy writes you back a well-written response that is not full of fluff. This email was in response to asking why they didn't play "Jump Around" after the 3rd quarter this year.

Thank you for the email. I appreciate your writing me. We actually stopped playing it this year at the request of many students. We received a lot of feedback from students telling us that was not an Iowa State tradition and to stop trying to copy Wisconsin. As you may know, that is a huge tradition with the Wisconsin students. Coach McCarney wanted to try and start it here last year but it never fully caught on and as the season went on, we got a lot of negative feedback from our students to stop playing it. Perhaps sometime in the future we can bring it back.

Go Cyclones!

Jamie Pollard
Director of Athletics
Iowa State University
1800 South 4th Street
Jacobson Athletic Building
Ames, IA 50011-1140
515-294-0123 (office)
515-294-0104 (fax)
[email protected]

Funny thing is my roommate just graduated last year and he thought the students liked it. Hard to believe there was that much dislike for it when thousands of them were jumping around to the song...​

amyk33

Mar 29, 2006
Send him an email on something and the guy writes you back a well-written response that is not full of fluff. This email was in response to asking why they didn't play "Jump Around" after the 3rd quarter this year.

Funny thing is my roommate just graduated last year and he thought the students liked it. Hard to believe there was that much dislike for it when thousands of them were jumping around to the song...​

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I *heart* JP.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
They should play "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi. Drunk people love to sing that song.

Do You guys watch "how I met your mother". "shot through the heart" was his party song one episode. Hilarious. I think "shot through the heart" would be a better sond to play. Lol.

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
Agreed, the two times I've emailed him he replied back within an hour. His latest one he told me that if I see him in the stands at Folsom Field in Boulder to come up and introduce myself. The guy just "gets it" as Jim Rome would say. I don't want to rip on the previous regime at the AD helm, but my god what a difference one man and his ideas and energy can make. We are lucky to have him.

soccercy

Apr 20, 2006
Definitely need to get some Bon Jovi involved, can't go wrong with Bon Jovi, we used to go to Karaoke night at Mickey's every Tuesday to sing Dead or Alive. Shot Through the Heart, Livin' on a Prayer, any of those would be sweet!

SlyCy

Apr 17, 2006
North Liberty, Iowa
I emailed him when firing Wayne Morgan. He emailed me back two minutes before the press conference thanking me for the support. I was shocked.

He da man!!

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
The students flat out hated "Jump Around", plus it looks rather silly when only pockets are doing it.

They should try and play "Kernkraft 400" by Zombie Nation as much as possible. The drunk kids don't even need to know the words (search for the song on iTunes and listen to the sample, and you'll know what I mean. Go to the stadium mix).

hilbs31

Apr 1, 2006
I e-mailed him looking for some specifics about foxsports.com not carrying the Toledo game. He shyed away from that one. I'm still waiting for a reply.

RedStorm

Apr 11, 2006
"I e-mailed him looking for some specifics about foxsports.com not carrying the Toledo game. He shyed away from that one. I'm still waiting for a reply."

Maybe he was tired of this dead horse getting beat....game was not on Foxsports or Foxsports.com what else can he say....

Last edited:

loboclone

Aug 8, 2006
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
I e-mailed Jamie concerning the Toledo game web cast cancelation and received a response on Tuesday. He really responded with a great passion for getting TV coverage for ISU. Then the Q&A thing got released concerning the Big 12 TV package. If "the next big step" is going to happen we out of state Alum need something more than Yahoo or Sirius Radio. The new website is HUGE!!! Webcast is a answer short-term and many would pay to get it!!

GM4ISU

Mar 17, 2006
I e-mailed him and he wrote back right away........................Fellow Cyclones we have a winner and real classy man

flander1649

Apr 20, 2006
Kansas City
Visit site
"They should try and play "Kernkraft 400" by Zombie Nation as much as possible."

That is a great idea. My soph. (fall 99) year I sat up in the upper deck of the student section and there was about a group of 30 really drunk friends of mine. One of my freinds out of no where just started to yell out the tone and it caught on for the rest of the year. Every time I hear that at the game I just laugh.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron