Announcement coming: "Cyclones.TV is the real deal"

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
Guys I really don't want to be "that guy" here but I am telling you, this will be a dedicated Mediacom channel for Cyclones.tv. Stop with the FSN talk, it's not happening, and get on board with a great new upgrade for ISU.
Upgrade? How is something we already had an upgrade (games on Mediacom)? How is something that serves so little of Cyclone Nation an upgrade?

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Upgrade? How is something we already had an upgrade (games on Mediacom)? How is something that serves so little of Cyclone Nation an upgrade?

Good post! And for those of us who don't live in an area serviced by Mediacom? Makes zero difference so therefore it really isn't that much of a "deal"!

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
anything outside of a Fox Sports deal is not a huge announcement. Maybe i am the minority, but the group of ISU fans that i hang out with have not subscribed to cyclones.tv and not happy with ISU making the games unavailable via TV.

Last edited:
Reactions: cyfanatic

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
anything outside of a Fox Sports deal is not a huge announcement. Maybe i am the minority, but the group of ISU fans that i hang out with have not subscribed to cyclones.tv and not happy with ISU making the games available via TV.

What?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
BYU manages
You don't see the differences between BYU and Iowa State?

Never underestimate the power of stupid.

And a Mediacom deal would be an upgrade IF there was a dedicated On-Demand channel which showed all the videos Cyclones.tv releases. That wouldn't be possible via FSN.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
anything outside of a Fox Sports deal is not a huge announcement. Maybe i am the minority, but the group of ISU fans that i hang out with have not subscribed to cyclones.tv and not happy with ISU making the games unavailable via TV.

Are there reasons for not subscribing? The internet method provides pretty easy access to games. You don't have to watch them on the PC. An HDMI cable, VGA cable, S-Video cable, or some other form of video out will put it on the TV. I'm only asking because I don't understand the hang up.

Cyclones.tv hasn't been perfect. The last couple games have streamed really well, though. I believe it will get better and better as a streaming option. If they want to put it on TV, great. But I'm fine with what we have.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
I live in Ankeny. There is no chance I would switch to Mediacom for a Cyclone channel. They could do naked interviews with the volleyball, soccer and women's swimming team and I still wouldn't pay for their crap... Errr, maybe I would if JDub promised to be dressed.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Are there reasons for not subscribing? The internet method provides pretty easy access to games. You don't have to watch them on the PC. An HDMI cable, VGA cable, S-Video cable, or some other form of video out will put it on the TV. I'm only asking because I don't understand the hang up.

Cyclones.tv hasn't been perfect. The last couple games have streamed really well, though. I believe it will get better and better as a streaming option. If they want to put it on TV, great. But I'm fine with what we have.

Don't have anything to plug into the other end of the HDMI cable to feed into the TV (e.g. computer/laptop). Number of friends / family don't have internet at their house (if they want to use the internet they get on their phone) or live in areas where they can't get it.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
I live in Ankeny. There is no chance I would switch to Mediacom for a Cyclone channel. They could do naked interviews with the volleyball, soccer and women's swimming team and I still wouldn't pay for their crap... Errr, maybe I would if JDub promised to be dressed.

And some wonder why JP has trouble selling ISU to FSN and other media outlets when our "fan" base is littered with such attitude. The BTN (and soon SEC) exists because the fans of those teams are not only wiling to pay for it, they would riot if they do not get it.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
And some wonder why JP has trouble selling ISU to FSN and other media outlets when our "fan" base is littered with such attitude. The BTN (and soon SEC) exists because the fans of those teams are not only wiling to pay for it, they would riot if they do not get it.

I fail to see the connection of someone not wanting to use Mediacom because of their horrible customer service and limited channel selection. If there was a Big12 Network available to Mediacom, Dish and DTV - for the same price as the BTN, I am sure every ISU fan would be all for it.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I fail to see the connection of someone not wanting to use Mediacom because of their horrible customer service and limited channel selection. If there was a Big12 Network available to Mediacom, Dish and DTV - for the same price as the BTN, I am sure every ISU fan would be all for it.

Yep...this! Or even the local cable companies...I have South Slope (only cable provider offered to me other than satellite) in my community and it serves my family well! Hope they can/will have the opportunity to add whatever this new extension/creation of cyclone.tv is!

ruxCYtable

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Colorado
This is not apples to apples. BTN is available on multiple carriers. Mediacom is what it is.

As I've said before, if it is a Mediacom deal and part of it is that the games will be uplinked to ESPN Full Court again, that would be enough of a "real deal" for me.

Reactions: cyfanatic

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Why on earth should they give the game away to ESPN Full Court when they can make money by holding it back to Cyclones.tv? If Mediacom or FSN is willing to pony up moolah to get it, take the highest bidder and run, especially if it's Mediacom and they'll allow you to keep the web capabilities of Cyclones.tv.