Ames construction

clone61

Dec 8, 2007
NE Iowa
did someone say this is a good get , more like a good place to get got!!!!!

GUARRANTEED LOW quality PERIOD

GUARRANTEED POOR PAYING JOBS

GUARRANTEED NO AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS

GUARRANTEED NO PROFESSIONAL SERVICE

theres my walmart rant

look they even put Norm Stewarts program back ten years

I swear I can secretly hear the Imperial March every time I go into a Wal-Mart....

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
It is pretty insane to see a walmart and target right next to each other. I wonder how that affects their businesses.

It happens everywhere. I have the same combo a mile from my house in Omaha. Sometimes a location makes it worthwhile to piggyback. Both are doing well.

By the way, Walmart covers half their workers with health insurance and makes them use the $4 prescriptions. That is the way Bentonville thinks. Can you say Uncle Scrooge?

scrooge.jpg

Last edited:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
So are we getting a new mall? Anyone have new information on that?

I'm not 100% sure, but I think they gave up on it. I think the vote passed, but there were still so many vocal opponents that they just pulled the plug. That may just be hearsay, though.

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
I'm not 100% sure, but I think they gave up on it. I think the vote passed, but there were still so many vocal opponents that they just pulled the plug. That may just be hearsay, though.
I don't think Bucky Wolford has given up on it yet, he's invested millions of dollars to watch the city slow things to a stand still.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I don't think Bucky Wolford has given up on it yet, he's invested millions of dollars to watch the city slow things to a stand still.

I understand wanting to support your local Main Street, and agree that it's important. It amazes me how big of a deal this is to people, though - my friend's mom is a huge opponent of the new mall. Wears a "No New Mall" button on her purse, won't shop at stores that are owned by people who support it, etc. It's strange to see the extremes.

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Let the rest of the anti-Wal-Mart rant continue, though...

I don't have much to say about Wal-Mart, except that David Glass should be taken to the woodshed because he runs the Kansas City Royals like he ran Wal-Mart - crap products at low prices (except for $14 beers).

thunderdave

POOTMFS
Apr 14, 2006
I understand wanting to support your local Main Street, and agree that it's important. It amazes me how big of a deal this is to people, though - my friend's mom is a huge opponent of the new mall. Wears a "No New Mall" button on her purse, won't shop at stores that are owned by people who support it, etc. It's strange to see the extremes.
I'll never shop there either, but if the guy is willing to pay for everything (utilites, bike paths, studies, etc) let him do it.
No offense to your friend's mom, but theses "Smart Growth" people are idiots!

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I'll never shop there either, but if the guy is willing to pay for everything (utilites, bike paths, studies, etc) let him do it.

She has a LOT of disposable income, so I don't think she understands that the more expensive "Main Street" isn't an option for everyone. :mask:

jj-cyclones

Dec 26, 2007
Ames

Yes that is a JOKE! Let the city grow!!!!!!!!

majorcyfan

Feb 18, 2007
I've been hearing about the Menard's for about 3 months now. I'm guessing that it is legitimately happening.

Day before yesterday I heard the Menards is going to build on East side of S.16th beyond the new bridge, not where the truck stop used to be. Le'ts see what actuallt develops.....Guess I talked to someone who is a friend of the selling landowner.....WE'll see.:confused:

wiscocyclone

Sep 13, 2007
I heard there may be a Kum&Go donuts and beer superstore coming to all the entrances of Trice next year.