Amazon is buying Whole Foods

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Not sure that I would agree to their whole no checkout process. You know damn well they are going to know everything you do. This article goes into a little more depth. Personally I think the market has vastly overvalued this trove of data but then again I'm far from a typical consumer.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-06-17/new-patent-amazon-will-collect-much-customer-data-google

“[The technology] will also triangulate your position in the store, market to you while you are in the store, and understand your behavior in the store,” said DiFranco, who previously worked at Broadcom’s Internet of Things business and led the sale to Cypress Semiconductor CY, -1.72% “If they can collect the same kind of info that they can get while I am surfing on their site, they are going to be able to deliver the same value, the same experience that I get on their site...The company that knows more about the online behavior of me, will now own this same science...while I am in the Whole Foods retail environment.”

The positive aspect, he said, is that it will result in better, more convenient shopping experiences for consumers, with their preferences and habits known. It has the ability to turn into a real assistant for shopping. “You passed the milk, you always get milk,” your smartphone may tell you while shopping.

It's cute that you think you don't already get tracked by these stores ;)

We shop at Target mostly and get coupons mailed to us for diapers and such after a few months of our kid being born. But then they started sending us coupons for toddler stuff. Almost like knew we had a kid and how old it was. :D

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron