Am I reading this right about Coach Haynes????

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
So your saying Mich State's brand is on the level of Penn State?

Ok. Good luck with that.
No, I’m not saying that. Good luck with whatever logic you were trying to grasp with that.

You’re talking about recruiting suffering. It won’t. They’ll continue to recruit at the level they currently are. Football players aren’t going to base their decision on something so irrelevant to their situation.

Last edited:

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
https://deadspin.com/michigan-state-cant-bury-its-role-in-the-largest-sex-ab-1821129797

This is old, but there was a culture of "look the other way" in place for at least a decade.

Edit: from this AM. If this doesn't make you angry/sick, I don't know what to say. https://deadspin.com/msus-response-to-being-perceived-as-tone-deaf-about-n-1822257343
Thanks for the updates. I knew about Nassar but I didn't know it was connected to MSU. Moving to Florida recently, I'm out of the conversation when it comes to the Mid-west.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: ShortBus

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
No, I’m not saying that. Good luck with whatever logic you were trying to grasp with that.

You’re talking about recruiting suffering. It won’t. They’ll continue to recruit at the level they currently are. Football players aren’t going to base their decision on something so irrelevant to their situation.
If you look at MSU recruiting, they get an occasional 4 star or two. Mostly three stars similar to ISU. These recruits most often do not have an Alabama, Georgia, Ohio State etc etc offer. This type/level recruit values a MSU offer.

Last edited:

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
https://deadspin.com/michigan-state-cant-bury-its-role-in-the-largest-sex-ab-1821129797

This is old, but there was a culture of "look the other way" in place for at least a decade.

Edit: from this AM. If this doesn't make you angry/sick, I don't know what to say. https://deadspin.com/msus-response-to-being-perceived-as-tone-deaf-about-n-1822257343

I never knew this was the way to get a big raise.
I've learned a lot of things lately that I never knew were considered acceptable options. We've got quite a few messes here to clean up.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I never knew this was the way to get a big raise.
I've learned a lot of things lately that I never knew were considered acceptable options. We've got quite a few messes here to clean up.
I'm not sure I follow what you're saying. Is this in relation to the thread topic or the article?

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Article. I kind of regret posting it in this thread.
I think you're fine, I somewhat derailed it with my ignorance any how. No harm no foul. I am a little surprised he( Haynes) would choose to go MSU with all that controversy present.

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA

Guess time will tell. However, negative press about a brand does hurt that brand.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
No one will notice. It's just women and kids.

Now I'm going to go punch myself.

No one will notice - it's a non-revenue sport. I cannot - but also can - believe how little national press this has gotten. Thanks for joining me in angrily shaking my fist at the sky.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneErik

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
He might luck out and end up going from being fired from Kent State to becoming the new Head Coach at Michigan State

• Agree
Reactions: Gorm

Help Support Us

Become a patron