All is well in Nebraska

C.A.H.

Feb 18, 2007
Des Moines
I'm not smoking anything. He is the winningest division I coach in college Fb history Period I didn't say anyone had to like it but it is a fact. 26 straight 9 win seasons says it all. No one else even touches that.... or ever will IMHO

I hate to agree, but I have to. IN HIS TIME (which is the important phrase here) Tom Osborne was one of the, if not the best. I do think times have passed the man by, though. The game has changed a lot in the last few years.

jimmycy

Apr 19, 2006
Football is always changing that's for sure. I think when you talk about all time great coaches you have to judge them in their time. Thanks for the rep points. Go State.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
That was back in the nineties and times change. Ask Parcells and Gibbs. Urban Meyer may be the best coach the last 3 years.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
This is so freak'n beautiful. We now have a firm stepping stone in our rise up the Big XII North Ladder. If nothing else this is bound to prove entertaining

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
I hate to agree, but I have to. IN HIS TIME (which is the important phrase here) Tom Osborne was one of the, if not the best. I do think times have passed the man by, though. The game has changed a lot in the last few years.
T.O. is definitely in the discussion for the best coaches of all-time. What basis does anyone have for saying the game has passed him by? I still haven't heard one good reason. I think Pelini is a really good coach, although it might be an uphill battle at first for him in recruiting, so I like to think that will give us an edge in the next couple years.

I believe football goes in cycles, new fangles offenses are implemented and then some D-coordinator figures out how to stop and then everyone imitates that, and on and on. IMO, I don't think the game has really changed that much. The truly good teams, are still pro-style run-based teams, like this year with OSU/LSU.

rd4isu

Apr 11, 2006
T.O. is definitely in the discussion for the best coaches of all-time. What basis does anyone have for saying the game has passed him by? I still haven't heard one good reason. I think Pelini is a really good coach, although it might be an uphill battle at first for him in recruiting, so I like to think that will give us an edge in the next couple years.

I believe football goes in cycles, new fangles offenses are implemented and then some D-coordinator figures out how to stop and then everyone imitates that, and on and on. IMO, I don't think the game has really changed that much. The truly good teams, are still pro-style run-based teams, like this year with OSU/LSU.

I'll give TO his due but I've always wondered how good of a coach he'd be with all the parity in today's game. Was he a great coach because of the abundance of superior talent (ala Phil Jackson) or would he be able to take a team like ISU and make them a contender? Guess we'll never know but interesting to think about.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
The way I see it Marine Gene Chizik needs to step on the dead carcass of nebbie football on the way to a big 12 championship trophy:smile:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron