All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You talking about the complex that was built like a decade ago? You think they going to chain up the doors after this season?

I'll be honest, I kind of hope Iowa just goes full on ISU and guts the varsity programs down to like 14.

Who is Barta going to send out to tell the members of these sports programs that they are never coming back again?

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
Who is Barta going to send out to tell the members of these sports programs that they are never coming back again?
200_d.gif

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny
I didn't figure you'd understand. Most Iowa fans don't follow what Barta does... that's why they like him.
LOL, that a great deflection. I wouldn't want to talk about how he "dumped money" into the program by using a facility built a decade ago and that will stay open now for student use as an example either. Unless you were were under the impression the "new" facility would be bulldozed down and turned into a parking lot.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
This is a very dumbfounded take. I spent several years of my life either employed or volunteering on boards of different sized non profits. You are so off on your understanding it is mind numbing. You are allowed as much as you can justify in reserves. You just have to have a decent reason for it. Replacement of amenities, cash reserves, new buildings and such can all have cash set aside for them, you just have to be able to explain to auditors why you have them. They do t make you spend everything, that is an ignorant belief.

The Hawks did have a reserve fund, but dumbass Barta blew through that losing a a couple lawsuits and then paying off Doyle. You can't keep 20-25 mil in reserves sitting around if that is what you are insinuating.

• Disagree
Reactions: jmb

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Right from ESPN on Iowa's new schedule:
"...while no one gets a truly easy stretch this season, the Hawkeyes were given Purdue, Northwestern and Michigan State to start. That's as light as you're going to get (without involving Rutgers), and it could give the Hawkeyes a chance to figure out what they've got before a huge mid-November matchup with Minnesota. Can't ask for much more with a conference-only slate "

HAHAHA! Even ESPN knows Iowa's schedule is an absolute joke. Glad ya'll could reclaim your cupcake like schedules ya'll are used to.

Playing Kansas, K-State and Tech all in the same year is a joke. That is like playing Rutgers 3 times, Merry fricking Christmas for you guys.

STC061693

Apr 23, 2020
Wow.... I never figured Desmond was the kid that when benched in high school went home and cried to his parents and had them go yell at the head coach to play him.
I don’t think that is the case right now. When he played yesterday he looked much better then Harris and he was able to lock down those Chiefs receivers and even got a pick though it was called back for an offsides. I think the Chargers have some problems that need to be solved. What ever it may be, there are a ton of teams that would be happy to get a stud corner in King. Top 3 Slot corner in the NFL and a top 5 return man too.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Meyers, Hockenson, Reisner, Chandler and Clark didn't produce in college? Lol OK
You are bashing LaPorte because of his stats as a freshman. Kittle, Reisner, Henry Krieger-Coble and Brandon Myers did less as Freshmen and all played at least a few years in the NFL. None of them were recruited by Power 5 teams except for HKC who had an ISU offer. Reisner was a UNI commit and flipped at the last minute. Kittle is not as much of an outlier is you would like to believe.

• Creative
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You are bashing LaPorte because of his stats as a freshman. Kittle, Reisner, Henry Krieger-Coble and Brandon Myers did less as Freshmen and all played at least a few years in the NFL. None of them were recruited by Power 5 teams except for HKC who had an ISU offer. Reisner was a UNI commit and flipped at the last minute.
All those guys had good TE in front of them and that's why they didn't produce as a freshman. LaPorta was the only TE you had last year and he still didn't produce

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
All those guys had good TE in front of them and that's why they didn't produce as a freshman. LaPorta was the only TE you had last year and he still didn't produce
He didn't start at the beginning of the season because he was a freshman. Obviously he outplayed Beyer as the season went along to take his spot. You never want to have to start a true freshman at TE if you don't have to but you also can't always plan for two early departures that happened to be 1st rounders.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
He didn't start at the beginning of the season because he was a freshman. Obviously he outplayed Beyer as the season went along to take his spot. You never want to have to start a true freshman at TE if you don't have to but you also can't always plan for two early departures that happened to be 1st rounders.
Comparing him as a freshman because he played behind Beyer (lol) to those other guys you listed is dumb

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018

Clark didn’t play because he didn’t even start off at TE. Kittle was 200lbs coming out of high school. Chandler was a string bean as well. Iowa needed TE badly, but Hock still RS his true FR year. Reisner and Myer both weren’t close to ready as FR.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Clark didn’t play because he didn’t even start off at TE. Kittle was 200lbs coming out of high school. Chandler was a string bean as well. Iowa needed TE badly, but Hock still RS his true FR year. Reisner and Myer both weren’t close to ready as FR.
Man losing Doyle is a huge blow to your program

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
Why would any NFL player ever tweet that? That's the epitome of something that should be kept in house.
Ex Iowa players aren't familiar with how social media works since they were forced to be silent for roughly 4 years of their life and not allowed on it