All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
We won 5 of our last 9 vs an absolute meat grinder of a schedule. One of those losses we played pretty well in too

Iowa went 10-3 vs a tougher schedule than ISU. I mean that is great that you played a decent schedule, but patting yourself on the back for playing pretty well in a loss is kind of McCarney esque talking about winning the second half.

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
  • Haha
Reactions: CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Iowa went 10-3 vs a tougher schedule than ISU. I mean that is great that you played a decent schedule, but patting yourself on the back for playing pretty well in a loss is kind of McCarney esque talking about winning the second half.
That's just not true

CyHawk1605

Jun 22, 2020
Correct. He just said beating Iowa State was bigger than beating Ohio State
So beating your rival in a comeback win, in OT, in a Freshman QB’s first game, against a team that utterly hates you and wants to beat you, and he said that was a memorable game? Why does that not seem as bad as you say it is. And going into Nebby and ***** slapping them in their own house is not supposed to be memorable. TBH, I think KF prepares much more for Nebby rather then ISU.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
So beating your rival in a comeback win, in OT, in a Freshman QB’s first game, against a team that utterly hates you and wants to beat you, and he said that was a memorable game? Why does that not seem as bad as you say it is. And going into Nebby and ***** slapping them in their own house is not supposed to be memorable. TBH, I think KF prepares much more for Nebby rather then ISU.
I'm well aware Kirk would rather beat Iowa State than Ohio State. We are actually in agreement here

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
How do you disagree with this @Legend Hawk? It's literally what he said

LOL a Husker reporter said that, he didn't quote Ferentz on it. The only thing he quoted that Ferentz said were:

“Good things don’t happen by accident, typically,” he said.

“We’re a little more experienced going into next year, but we lost some seniors,” Ferentz said. “So the challenges are always there. The fun is the work that comes next.”

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
LOL a Husker reporter said that, he didn't quote Ferentz on it. The only thing he quoted that Ferentz said were:

“Good things don’t happen by accident, typically,” he said.

“We’re a little more experienced going into next year, but we lost some seniors,” Ferentz said. “So the challenges are always there. The fun is the work that comes next.”
So you think that's made up? There is a big Rivals thread on it if you Google the quote where it was reported to be accurate by Iowa's guys