All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
ISU with Iowa's schedule is 9-3 most likely

Iowa with ISU's schedule is 8-4 at best, maybe 7-5

ISU went 1-5 vs bowl eligible teams, so if they played Iowa's schedule they would have faced 7 bowl eligible teams. I will assume they beat the extra bowl eligible team they would have had to face and we can safely say ISU goes 7-5 vs Iowa's schedule

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: breck53 and CyTwins

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
ISU went 1-5 vs bowl eligible teams, so if they played Iowa's schedule they would have faced 7 bowl eligible teams. I will assume the beat the extra bowl eligible teams they would have had to face and we can safely say ISU goes 7-5 vs Iowa's schedule

Imagine thinking a team would do worse if they got to face a significantly easier schedule and vice versa. Lol!

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I don't think it's ever happened and probably will not happen. For Purdy to win, we'd have to win 10 games or have Purdy put up numbers like Joe Burrow did this season (both a big stretch but not completely impossible). At the end of the day, thinking Brock Purdy will win the Heisman next year is very wishful thinking but as a fan it's cool to see your guy get recognized.

The Heisman should be renamed "Best 'Skill' Position Player on a Highly Ranked Team". Unless you're a generational talent like Lamar Jackson, you're not winning it if your team is outside the top 10-15, and more likely would have to be top 10. Louisville was ranked around #20 the year Jackson won it, but that's an outlier anymore.

• Agree
Reactions: Legend Hawk

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Imagine thinking a team would do worse if they got to face a significantly easier schedule and vice versa. Lol!

You don't think Iowa beats WVU, Texas Tech, Kansas and TCU? Those are the only "tougher" opponents you are talking about here.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You don't think Iowa beats WVU, Texas Tech, Kansas and TCU? Those are the only "tougher" opponents you are talking about here.

I mean all those teams besides Kansas are way better than "bowl eligible" Illinois. Considering you guys struggle recruiting depth I'd say you guys would go 7-5 or 8-4

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I mean all those teams besides Kansas are way better than "bowl eligible" Illinois. Considering you guys struggle recruiting depth I'd say you guys would go 7-5 or 8-4

Iowa didn't lose a game to a team ranked lower than #14, so Iowa goes 10-2 vs that easy ISU schedule. I mean you only faced 2 teams inside the top #14.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
ISU loses to Mich, PSU, Wiscy, Minny and obviously Iowa.

Probably lose to Miami of Ohio considering the turd the clones laid against UNI.

7-5 OR 6-6 with Iowa's schedule.
Give me Miami Ohio over UNI any day. UNI's players and coaches want to beat Iowa State and Iowa more than anything in the world.

• Informative
Reactions: dexterhawk

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Give me Miami Ohio over UNI any day. UNI's players and coaches want to beat Iowa State and Iowa more than anything in the world.

I agree. That is why I say you go 7-5 vs Iowa schedule.

Wins over: Rutgers, Purdue, Northwestern, Nebraska, Miami, Illinois, and Middle Tenn.

Losses to: Iowa, Penn St., Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota.

• Disagree
  • Agree
Reactions: iahawks and CyTwins